Extend an Xfinity Hotspot using an Airport Express

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello ladies and gents,

I just moved into my first new place (woo!) and must get internet. Unfortunately the only thing available at my location is Xfinity (Comcast). Lame. Unfortunately there was a mixup and my modem will take 20 days (!!!) to arrive. There is an Xfinity Hotspot near my location though, and they suggested I use my login to use that for the time being.

Now I want to stress this: I am a Comcast Customer. I pay to use this Hotspot. I'm not stealing it.

I was wondering if I could use my Airport Express to extend the range of the hotspot further into my apartment as it's only available in certain rooms closer to the street (no internet in my bedroom for example).

Thanks,

Sheik.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Firstly I can verify the legitimacy of this as I have had Xfinity in the past and they DO give out free access to hot spots as part of your account. Yes I believe this might work, but I'm not 100% sure how the Airport operates, but if you can get it to connect to the Xfinity wifi, and login (you must enter your account info to access the free wifi) it SHOULD be able to extend the signal for you. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711