IPAD for College

I

iMore Question

I am considering purchasing a Ipad for college. It's main reason for purchase would be for the use of textbooks. Is it possible to find all the textbooks needed in some form of an ebook for my iPad, and will it actually save me money in the long run?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to think that it depends on the courses you take...:)....Still, you should be able to find a decent amount of textbooks, in my opinion. Even better if the instructors use iTunes University. :)

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet to find out if all your textbooks are available in digital form is to ask someone from your college. Without knowing exactly what books you will be using we cannot answer that question. As far as it saving you money in the long run, ebooks tend to be cheaper then physical copies but I'm not sure if that applies to educational textbooks(I don't see why it wouldn't). So once again your best bet is to ask someone at your college. Good luck.

kathrynrhind

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Good for you. Much easier on your back.

When I went to cooking school (a couple of years ago) pretty much everything was available from one of:

a) the publisher-sometimes they will have a pdf version, readable with the Kindle app
b) the publisher-readable with the VitalSource Bookshelf app
c) a stand alone app for the textbook
d) online access to the textbook using a code when you buy the physical book (often only for 1 year)
e) your institution may have bought a digital package from the publisher

In my second year, all of my textbooks were available one way or the other digitally. Even if you don't find a quick answer from the institution, a quick trip to the publisher's website may prove fruitful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR