How do I create Groups in my Contacts list on my iPhone 5C?

I

iMore Question

How do you make a group of numbers in my I Phone 5 C? I would like to have all my kids in one group. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your contacts are associated with an iCloud account, do the following:

1. Login to https://www.icloud.com
2. Tap on the Contacts icon.
3. Tap on the "+" symbol at the bottom left corner across from the cogwheel.
4. Select "New Group".
5. Now select "All Contacts" at the top to display your contact list.
6. Highlight all of the contacts that you will place in that particular group. If you're using a Mac, press and hold the "Command" key while tapping on the select contacts. If you're using a Windows machine, I assume it is the Shift key.
7. When you've selected all of the contacts that will go in that group, simply drag and drop them to that Group.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can this be done on the iPhone? I created a group with an app. It shows in my contacts where it says "Groups". So what do I do with it? If I send a message to all in that group, how do I do it?

I don't know. I've never created a contact group "on my iPhone" and there is not option or setting within the Contacts app or the Mail, Contact, Calendars setting to do so. Being that you created a Group via an app, does that same app allow you to moved contacts into that group?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I've never created a contact group "on my iPhone" and there is not option or setting within the Contacts app or the Mail, Contact, Calendars setting to do so. Being that you created a Group via an app, does that same app allow you to moved contacts into that group?
I got that app because it was on sale for free. I thought it would come in handy when I finally replace my laptop. It syncs with Excel. So I'm checking it out and mark Family members to a group called Family. Later I notice that Family group is in my contacts with iCloud and Gmail groups. But I have no idea how all that works. I googled my gmail contacts a while back. I did not know I had any. But only a few of my contacts were on the list. I'm just ignorant about all that. I entered all my contacts on my phone by tapping the x in the corner and manually entering all the info. I guess those contacts would need to be on a computer. They're not yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods