What do you think the "s" in the next iPhone 6S stand for?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I always thought the S stood for sequel. But it would be interesting to know what the S really stands for. I'm surprised there has never been any leaks about this.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Apple Fanatic 44

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I think that this year Apple is going to stop with releasing iPhones with a number like the iPhone 5 or 6. Probably a 6s or whatever for 4.7 inches 6m (mini) for 4 inches and 6p (pro?) for 5.5 inches. Not saying that those will be the letters but probably something like that. That or they'll do what they did with iPads and macs and do an iPhone air, mini, and a pro.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

yof

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually they did say it in a wwdc presenation what the s stands for. And in wikipedia it also states for previous models as well.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Actually they did say it in a wwdc presenation what the s stands for. And in wikipedia it also states for previous models as well.

I have never heard of this. And there are 3 different S models. Are you suggesting they stated what the S stood for in each at one at the Developers Conference? Because I'm more than positive that's not true. Wikipedia is nothing official, it is user based. Don't trust it, ever. ;)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have never heard of this. And there are 3 different S models. Are you suggesting they stated what the S stood for in each at one at the Developers Conference? Because I'm more than positive that's not true. Wikipedia is nothing official, it is user based. Don't trust it, ever. ;)
Didn't it stand for Speed?