I bought a new iphone 4s for my daughter yesterday, but when I plug it into my computer I can't get it to sync with itunes. It won't even show up under itunes. Can someone assist?
    07-18-2014 03:46 PM
    Follow the steps outlined via the following link.

iOS: Syncing your data with iTunes
    07-18-2014 03:48 PM
    Hello there,

Here are a couple of recommendations:
    - Make sure you have the latest iTunes update. If not, then install it.
    - Is the 4s new? or did you buy it from someone else?
    - Is the phone on? (because if it's off or the battery is drained you have to wait a little before it turns on again)
    - Make sure the cable works (try with a different one or another computer).

Let us know if any of the above help.
    07-18-2014 03:53 PM
    ok. I am downloading the latest itunes now. I will keep you posted.
    07-18-2014 03:54 PM
    So much for a response in 5 minutes
    He actually replied 2 minutes later
    Just_Me_D and Evelyn Jenkins like this.
    07-18-2014 03:55 PM
    downloading latest itunes now. I will let you know. It is a new 4s and the cable works on other phones so its not the cable
    07-18-2014 03:55 PM
    I know. I deleted post. It didn't come through for a while so who knows, but I appreciate the help. Just aggravated. AT&T is no help at all and Apple says to bring it to store which is almost an hour away
    07-18-2014 03:57 PM
    I know. I deleted post. It didn't come through for a while so who knows, but I appreciate the help. Just aggravated. AT&T is no help at all and Apple says to bring it to store which is almost an hour away
    So it didn't work after updating iTunes and everything? there are still a couple of things you could do to avoid the trip back to the store, but truth is that if you did everything well and the device still is not detected, take it back because that shouldn't be happening with a brand new device.

Last thing: did you try with a different computer/different USB port? oh and btw you didn't mention if the device turns on perfectly.
    07-18-2014 04:09 PM
    No go. Updated itunes. I don't see iphone in the upper right corner. Tried hiding side bar and still don't see it
    07-18-2014 04:24 PM
    Phone seems to work fine. AT&T won't take the phone back or exchange it. They say I have to go to apple which again is almost an hour away. I have owned it for only about 18 hours and have to drive an hour away.
    07-18-2014 04:26 PM
    The computer sees the phone as it shows up under My Computer. Its also charging just fine. I don't have another computer with itunes, but when I plug in my iphone it shows up immediately on itunes
    07-18-2014 04:28 PM
    Phone seems to work fine. AT&T won't take the phone back or exchange it. They say I have to go to apple which again is almost an hour away. I have owned it for only about 18 hours and have to drive an hour away.
    1. What kind of computer do you have and what operating system is it running?
    2. Do you have a different charging cable to use just in case the one you are currently using is defective, especially if iTunes isn't detecting the device.
    07-18-2014 04:30 PM
    The computer sees the phone as it shows up under My Computer. Its also charging just fine. I don't have another computer with itunes, but when I plug in my iphone it shows up immediately on itunes
    It is possible that her charging port is defective somehow, but I can't say for certain. Try rebooting the device (simultaneously press and hold both the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo and then release both buttons.) Afterwards, see if iTunes will detect your daughter's iPhone.
    07-18-2014 04:33 PM
    Dell computer using Windows 7. Tried another cable and itunes still doesn't see it
    07-18-2014 04:33 PM
    Dell computer using Windows 7. Tried another cable and itunes still doesn't see it
    This maybe overkill, but hey, it's worth a try.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows
    07-18-2014 04:39 PM
    Still not working. I forgot to mention that everytime I plug it in the phone asks if I trust the computer, but when syncing a phone that usually doesn't come up. Its like the phone does see itunes and vice versa
    07-18-2014 04:39 PM
    It is useless to have you put your daughter's iPhone in recovery mode or DFU mode since iTunes cannot even detect it. Having said that, if all of the above suggestions do not remedy the problem, you're going to have to either make a genius bar appointment with the Apple Store that's an hour away or call them to see if they will quickly ship you another device. You can contact Apple via the following link:

https://www.apple.com/contact/
    07-18-2014 04:43 PM
    Still not working. I forgot to mention that everytime I plug it in the phone asks if I trust the computer, but when syncing a phone that usually doesn't come up. Its like the phone does see itunes and vice versa
    If it's your computer then go ahead an trust it. iOS: 'Trust This Computer' alert
    07-18-2014 04:44 PM
    Did you select "Trust this computer", and if so, did iTunes finally detect the device?
    07-18-2014 04:53 PM
    I reinstalled the driver just in case and when I plugged the iphone in it said installing driver then it saw apple device, but no go on itunes seeing it still.
    07-18-2014 05:06 PM
    I reinstalled the driver just in case and when I plugged the iphone in it said installing driver then it saw apple device, but no go on itunes seeing it still.
    Try one more thing, please. disconnect the iPhone from the computer and then reboot the computer. After it boots up completely, initial the computer's iTunes app and then re-attach the iPhone to your computer. Hopefully, iTunes will detect it.
    07-18-2014 05:09 PM
    I click the trust button as soon as it shows up on the phone, but it itunes still doesn't see it. I can see the phone under my computer though
    07-18-2014 05:10 PM
    How will I get back to this chat box?
    07-18-2014 05:11 PM
    1. What kind of computer do you have and what operating system is it running?
    2. Do you have a different charging cable to use just in case the one you are currently using is defective, especially if iTunes isn't detecting the device.
    Yeah, she tried step 2, step 1 was going to be my next question lol

Also Evelyn, when connecting the iPhone to your computer, check the iPhone screen, sometimes when connecting a device to a new computer it will show an onscreen message asking you to "trust" the computer you just connected the device to, after "trusting" then it'll show on iTunes.
    07-18-2014 05:13 PM
    Unplug the phone and plug it back in
    07-18-2014 05:14 PM
44 12