Yesterday I tried to reorder few icons on my iPhone by editing IconState.plist file, and now I'm stuck with all the icons on my iPhone completely messed up. Although I can rearrange icons, every time I reboot or respring the device, they turn back to the messed state. My lock screen wallpaper is gone too, and it seems that I cannot set it anymore.

I did create a backup copy of the IconState.plist file before I edited it, but restoring it, did not help, and whatever I do with icons now, IconState.plist remains unchanged. I even tried to delete it, hoping it will be res created, but with no avail.

My 3GS is running IOS 6.1.6 with redsn0w JB and I use only few Cydia tweaks and apps like Activator, iFile and SBSettings, but I do not use themes or similar.

Any suggestion what else should I check and try to solve this without restoring the device to pre-jailbroken state - that's the last backup I have - would be much appreciated.
    07-18-2014 01:54 PM
    Welcome to iMore terra_zg

Working in the file system is never recommended but at least you keep the original file. How did you keep it by renaming it or saving it to another device and when you tried to put it back did you save it correctly?

Give us a little more info on the steps you took
    07-18-2014 02:15 PM
    I did copy-paste-rename on iphone. And restored it the same way later.
    I also copied original file to pc.
    07-18-2014 04:18 PM
    I did copy-paste-rename on iphone. And restored it the same way later.
    I also copied original file to pc.
    Did you rename back correctly?
    07-18-2014 05:03 PM
    Yes, IconState.plist
    07-18-2014 06:01 PM
    I searched arround and found that it could be this: iOS 4.2 bugs: Disappearing Folders | iMore

I updated one app and synced them with iTunes before editig IconState.plist.
    And later, tried to rearrange them with iTunes (that's why I have only pre-jb backup, because post-jb one was overwritten).
    07-19-2014 03:50 AM