Why is it so difficult to set music as ringtones on the iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Hi,
Any idea why apple deliberately makes it so difficult for iphone users (who have just bought their overpriced iphone) to just simply set any of the thousands of trax in their iphone as a ringtone when any android phone allows the user to just pick a track and set it as a ringtone in a few seconds.....???

tom

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think it can be done with a computer and iTunes. Seems I saw directions on eHow.com or somewhere. Google it!

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
yep it's quite simple. You basically have to pick your song in itunes, open its details and set a start and end point (so the play time is 30 seconds or less), then "create an AAC" version of that song. Should pop up right below the original song as a new 30second entry. Drag it over to your desktop, name the file .m4r drag it back into itunes. Thats it, the ringtone should appear in the ringtone rubric.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Any idea why apple deliberately makes it so difficult for iphone users (who have just bought their overpriced iphone) to just simply set any of the thousands of trax in their iphone as a ringtone when any android phone allows the user to just pick a track and set it as a ringtone in a few seconds.....???

tom

There are plenty of online guides and Youtube videos to show you how. And it’s not that hard to do.

How to create iOS ringtones | Macworld
How to make ringtones for iPhone | Digital Trends
iOS 5: How to Create Custom Ringtones and Alerts For the iPhone
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ringtones-for-ios-7-download/id749106884?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice