Hi,

I have a iPhone 4, now on iOS 7.1.1. I have it since 2011 and everything was working fine until a month ago. The vibration motor doesn't work anymore (when put in silent mode) and it has always been activated since I bought the iPhone. Then my iPhone started to try to shut itself down. It happens when I'm on my photos or facebook, the phone goes in sleep mode by itself. When I unlock it, few seconds later the same problem happens again. Sometimes the phone goes in sleep mode by itself 4 or 5 times in a row. Other than that, sometimes when my iPhone is in sleep mode, the screen to shut the device off appears (the screen that normally appears when you hold the power button for more or less 5 seconds) by itself. I have to say I dropped the phone in the water once but I immediately put it in a bag of rice and the day after it was working like a new (I didn't have any of the problems above when the phone dropped in the water -maybe one month before- only the speaker wasn't working). I recently changed the touch screen/LCD because the LCD wasn't displaying anything. I guess the problem might be the power button and the vibration motor since both items are having problems. I'm not a big iPhone pro so that's why i'm asking what are your thoughts about this. So if I have to change most of the intern iPhone pieces, I think i'll buy another phone because changing the LCD has been a pain in the arse (mostly because of the screws).

Thanks,
    07-13-2014 10:33 AM
    Hi,

I have a iPhone 4, now on iOS 7.1.1. I have it since 2011 and everything was working fine until a month ago. The vibration motor doesn't work anymore (when put in silent mode) and it has always been activated since I bought the iPhone. Then my iPhone started to try to shut itself down. It happens when I'm on my photos or facebook, the phone goes in sleep mode by itself. When I unlock it, few seconds later the same problem happens again. Sometimes the phone goes in sleep mode by itself 4 or 5 times in a row. Other than that, sometimes when my iPhone is in sleep mode, the screen to shut the device off appears (the screen that normally appears when you hold the power button for more or less 5 seconds) by itself. I have to say I dropped the phone in the water once but I immediately put it in a bag of rice and the day after it was working like a new (I didn't have any of the problems above when the phone dropped in the water -maybe one month before- only the speaker wasn't working). I recently changed the touch screen/LCD because the LCD wasn't displaying anything. I guess the problem might be the power button and the vibration motor since both items are having problems. I'm not a big iPhone pro so that's why i'm asking what are your thoughts about this. So if I have to change most of the intern iPhone pieces, I think i'll buy another phone because changing the LCD has been a pain in the arse (mostly because of the screws).

Thanks,
    Considering the age of the device and the fact that it was dropped in water, I would change it. I'm amazed it's worked this long, even after the water incident.
    07-14-2014 07:52 PM