Hi All,

I got a second hand iphone from one of my friend. but i never reset it. Yesterday I have reset the phone and now its requesting an icloud username and ID. they have given me a hint for that. But I don't know the original user. Is it possible me to bypass the activation with a jailbreak ? please help me on this. Or else is there a way to bring my device alive ?

Your help is highly appreciated
    07-12-2014 10:59 PM
    Hi All,

I got a second hand iphone from one of my friend. but i never reset it. Yesterday I have reset the phone and now its requesting an icloud username and ID. they have given me a hint for that. But I don't know the original user. Is it possible me to bypass the activation with a jailbreak ? please help me on this. Or else is there a way to bring my device alive ?

Nope.

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, theyll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.
    My Advice
    When buying a device from anyone other than a legitimate retailer (Apple, wireless service provider, or big box store), make the seller meet you at your wireless provider's store and stay with you through the activation process. That alone will scare off most ne'er-do-wells. Otherwise, you may be throwing your money into a black hole.

Caveat emptor.
    Hi All ,

Nope.
    Last edited by pr1nce; 07-12-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    07-12-2014 11:05 PM
    Hi All ,

07-12-2014 11:05 PM
    Sorry you will need to get the Apple ID from the original owner.
    07-12-2014 11:09 PM