Hi y'all
    I have recently bought a phone from someone who told me it was theirs. I got home and charged her up turned it on and said this is a lost iPhone :/ so now I got screwed over bought it for 200$ and I tired to get them to take it back and get get ahold of them. So know I need to know how to get passed iCloud activation screen and get it to the home screen so I can reset the whole phone. I tired to contact owner and they do not want to give me info even if I pay them so what u can do? And if your going to write "nothing" on my thread then do not even bother. If you believe you can generally help me PLEASE I'm open for suggestions!!
    07-09-2014 08:50 PM
    Sorry that has happened to you, but there is no way around the activation lock, without the password.it is a security feature.
    07-09-2014 11:30 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, you'll need the activation code. I suggest contacting your local police. Good luck.
    07-10-2014 12:06 AM
    Sorry you got ripped off but do the right thing and give it back to the owner.

Sent from my Death Note
    07-10-2014 12:08 AM
    So even if it can be proven that the phone belongs to you< there is still no way to get around iCloud?

For the ones who'll say "give it back to owner" or think everyone who ask this question has a stolen phone I have the same issue with the 5c and I own mine.

Sure hate to report it Lost, but I guess thats what insurance is for.
    10-29-2014 11:30 AM
    So even if it can be proven that the phone belongs to you< there is still no way to get around iCloud?

For the ones who'll say "give it back to owner" or think everyone who ask this question has a stolen phone I have the same issue with the 5c and I own mine.

Sure hate to report it Lost, but I guess thats what insurance is for.
    And the trip down the rabbit hole continues. Fraud (reporting a phone that is not lost as lost for insurance claim purposes) seems like the easy way out. Especially for those with no conscience.
    10-29-2014 11:40 AM
    Hi y'all
    I have recently bought a phone from someone who told me it was theirs. I got home and charged her up turned it on and said this is a lost iPhone :/ so now I got screwed over bought it for 200$ and I tired to get them to take it back and get get ahold of them. So know I need to know how to get passed iCloud activation screen and get it to the home screen so I can reset the whole phone. I tired to contact owner and they do not want to give me info even if I pay them so what u can do? And if your going to write "nothing" on my thread then do not even bother. If you believe you can generally help me PLEASE I'm open for suggestions!!
    So if you don't want anyone to respond with "nothing", you have a pretty good idea of what the answer is right?
    10-29-2014 12:20 PM
    This is very unfortunate little lady. I know this will not help you but never pay for anything until you first try it out. If the seller will not allow it then walk away. You stated that you tried to get the seller to take it back. What you need to do is demand your money back!
    10-29-2014 12:58 PM
    And for future reference:

Before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/
    10-29-2014 01:17 PM
    There is NOTHING you can do to bypass and make the iPhone yours. The only thing you CAN do is go to your local authorities and give give them the persons name and any other information to try and get your money back and prevent them doing this to others.

Side note: can the forums put an auto reply as soon as someone types the key words "activation bypass or lock"?
    10-29-2014 01:28 PM
    You guys realize this thread is almost 4 months old? lol
    10-29-2014 01:44 PM
    Lol, I did not!
    10-29-2014 01:44 PM
    You guys realize this thread is almost 4 months old? lol
    Zombie threads come to life for Halloween...
    Beyond Fire and kataran like this.
    10-29-2014 01:46 PM