Does anyone have to backswipe twice before it actually recognizes the gesture?

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I kind of noticed this ever since ios 7's debut but never really asked, but is anyone having the problem that they have to backswipe twice before it actually recognizes the gesture? This is evident in the message, mail, safari and settings apps. I wish apple could implement a similar backswipe gesture as in the Flipboard app where you don't have to reach to the very end of the left of the screen. Would make it a whole lot more seamless.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Backswipe

I haven't experienced any issues with this. Maybe I've never taken notice? I'll pay attention.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

The reason you need to swipe from the very edge of the screen is that there are 2 different, distinct swipe motions depending on where you start the swipe from. Swiping from the edge of the screen is a back gesture, but swiping from elsewhere can perform different actions.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

The reason you need to swipe from the very edge of the screen is that there are 2 different, distinct swipe motions depending on where you start the swipe from. Swiping from the edge of the screen is a back gesture, but swiping from elsewhere can perform different actions.
That is true Mike and I notice the speed within you swipe also has a lot to do with what you said. Thanks

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

What other function can a swipe left to right elsewhere perform in the apps I mentioned? I am not aware.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

What other function can a swipe left to right elsewhere perform in the apps I mentioned? I am not aware.

Scrolling content in Safari, flagging mail in ios8, etc. Apple is just following it's own paradigms though. A swipe from the edge of the screen is the back gesture. It's an API. Flipboard chose not to use the API, but Apple encourages developers to.

Tapatalk is a good example of the 2 different swipes. Swipe from the screen edge to pull out the main menu and swipe from the middle of the screen to traverse a thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2