5c or 5s and where to buy?

I

iMore Question

I will be out of contract with Verizon in 8 days. I purchased my iPhone 4s from Best Buy. I went there this week and was told if I come back on the day my contact ends they will buy back my 4s and some other perks and give me about $200 or more. Couldn't quote me the exact amount until the 14th. Then I was talking to someone who said that I should go directly to a Verizon store to buy my phone. But isn't the price the same if signing up for a 2 year contract for the actual purchase price of the phone? If so why go to Verizon store or why not Best Buy where I get reward points. My company pays my monthly bill

Part II, which phone 5s or 5c? I wouldn't even be buying a new phone as I love my 4s. I like the smaller size. But when I updated the OS to 7 my battery barely lasts a day. Previously it would last for days and days without a charge. Now I'm almost always stranded.

Part III, do you purchase the protection plan? Why or why not

OK so I like the smaller size as I keep it in my pocket and I'm not a large person. Screen size is fine for me. Camera ok too. Mostly use it for texting, emails, phone calls, picture taking, but nothing big time.

Thanks for the help

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There?s no reason to go to Verizon. If Best Buy is giving you what you want to get the phone there, go for it. I?ve bought my last 3 phones at Best Buy and enjoy the trade in values as well as Rewards Zone points for the difference.

If you aren?t going to wait for the iPhone 6, I?d go with the 5S, as it?s a bit newer design, and is a bit more "future proof" in terms of design, components, features and function. The 5S is slightly larger than the 4/4S, but not enough to notice - it?s just taller, not wider. It still fits in a pants pocket fine.

As far as the protection plan, I do, but I do AppleCare+ on my phones - they extend the warranty to 2 years, include phone support and physical/water damage. It?s a no brainer for me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually got an AMAZING deal at Best Buy when I got my 5s. I might go back to them for the iPhone 6.
I got the 5s, but I must say it was because I really fell in love with the gold colour. I had to have it. One of the other ambassadors got the 5c in blue and she LOVES it. Look at the specs on both and see which one has functionalities or specs that appeal most to you. And yes, I buy the protection plan.

I'd say go to a store and handle both. See which one calls out to you.

Enjoy! Either way it's a great device. My only suggestion is to not go too low on memory; you run out quickly with just a few songs and movies.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my 5s on Memorial Day weekend. I upgraded 3 iPhones (4s's to 5s's) on the same day, mine and my son and daughters. First I went to Best Buy and talked to a rep about what they had to offer for their trade-in. Then I went to Verizon and actually got a better deal. I got our phones for a total cost of $178. Good luck and enjoy your 5s!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I actually got an AMAZING deal at Best Buy when I got my 5s. I might go back to them for the iPhone 6.
I got the 5s, but I must say it was because I really fell in love with the gold colour. I had to have it. One of the other ambassadors got the 5c in blue and she LOVES it. Look at the specs on both and see which one has functionalities or specs that appeal most to you. And yes, I buy the protection plan.

I'd say go to a store and handle both. See which one calls out to you.

Enjoy! Either way it's a great device. My only suggestion is to not go too low on memory; you run out quickly with just a few songs and movies.

Yep! I absolutely adore my 5c. The color, the weight, and the overall experience is what pulled me in. Both are great devices and picking one you like is important. Go with the device you'll be the happiest with OP.

I don't buy the protection plan as my carriers insurance covers lost and stolen. For me, that's the more likely outcome. It'll cover damage too. Perhaps that'll be something you should think on.

Let us know what you decide!

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2