Ok, so I'm trying to download an iBook on my iPad and it shows it on my bookshelf with an empty loading bar and then after a few minutes it disappears. It's a HUGE file, almost 2 gb. I've already tried reinstalling iBooks and restarting the iPad. The book shows up just fine on my Mac.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    07-04-2014 10:49 AM
    Ok, so I'm trying to download an iBook on my iPad and it shows it on my bookshelf with an empty loading bar and then after a few minutes it disappears. It's a HUGE file, almost 2 gb. I've already tried reinstalling iBooks and restarting the iPad. The book shows up just fine on my Mac.

Are you sure that you've got enough room on your iPad? That happened to me and I ended up having to delete some movies.

Also, are yu downloading it via your Mac or via Wifi? If it's that huge it might me the router can't handle it.
    07-05-2014 03:38 PM

I have quite a few large file books in iBooks with no trouble. Is this the only file or book that you are having trouble with and yet it is ok on your Mac.
    Try and remove it. Reboot your iPad and then see if that works. If not I think you might need Apples support help if it in warrant. Give it one last effort.

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!
    07-05-2014 04:01 PM