Can you help me alleviate Messaging lag on iOS 8 (iPhone 5)?

I

iMore Question

Colleagues,

I have Messaging lagging on iOS 8 (iPhone 5, Model A1429). When while typing an SMS text I switch between the keyboards (Eng, Rus, Emoji, etc..) my SMS text window freezes completely. I then have to close Message application, and sometimes even re-boot the phone. Please help, as this is really annoying.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Colleagues,

I have Messaging lagging on iOS 8 (iPhone 5, Model A1429). When while typing an SMS text I switch between the keyboards (Eng, Rus, Emoji, etc..) my SMS text window freezes completely. I then have to close Message application, and sometimes even re-boot the phone. Please help, as this is really annoying.

That's not surprising, really. It's an developer build on a year old device, there are likely to be some little issues. Is it so bad that you would have to consider returning to iOS7?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's a lot of bugs on the iOS 8 beta 2. Hopefully beta 3 will run smoother. It should be available soon. We were hoping before the 4th. But it may be early next week. Many have gone back to 7.1.2 because the bugs have been too much in beta 2.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Colleagues, I have Messaging lagging on iOS 8 (iPhone 5, Model A1429). When while typing an SMS text I switch between the keyboards (Eng, Rus, Emoji, etc..) my SMS text window freezes completely. I then have to close Message application, and sometimes even re-boot the phone. Please help, as this is really annoying.

As has been stated already, iOS 8, to this point, is beta software. In other words, it is unfinished and not ready for daily use. Furthermore, the quirks that you are now experiencing will hopefully be fixed with an upcoming update.