Ipad 3rd gen jailbroken, can't update to 7.1.2

owenrg

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a jailbroken ipad 3rd gen and want to update to 7.1.2 so i can then re-jailbreak it. If i try to do the OTA update through settings>general>software update, i get a "checking for update..." and nothing happens. I've also tried plugging the ipad into the PC while in recovery mode. I to a point where it's just a black screen with the loader in the middle and nothing else happens. When trying to update though itunes, i get a "device timed out" error, or an unknown error 3194. I've also tried downloading an IPSW and choosing that file to update the ipad and still no luck. and lastly, i've tried resetting all settings and data and i get the same black screen with a loader icon and nothing else.

It seems like something in my jailbreak is blocking the update. I'm currently running 7.0.4 and don't care if i have to do a factory reset/loose all my data (it's all backed up).

Thanks for your help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Put the iPad in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app (Preferrably the latest version), and then select to restore it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2