How can I view smileys as pics instead of symbols in text messaging?

I

iMore Question

I'm new to iphones (iphone5 ios 7.1.1) When I get texts from people who are sending smileys they come across as symbols instead of pictures. Is there a way to view them as pictures instead? I've checked with the people sending them and they are sending as pictures not symbols. My Symbian nokia showed them as pictures. Would appreciate any help

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can't figure out how to view smileys as pics instead of symbols in text messa...

If they are actually entering the symbols, I don't think it can change. The iPhone has an emoji keyboard many use for the smileys. You would see those. On many forums and apps like TapaTalk, the symbols will show as smileys. Like this: :) If your phone does not show the emoji keyboard, go to Settings>General>Keyboard> keyboards>Add new Keyboard. Android phones will not see your emoji. They will see it different.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know they're shown as they're sent my the sender's phone. if it's from another OS it could happen that it's not shown correctly or replaced by (similar) symbols to minimize the SMS size which will be decreased.

If you're jail broken you could use BiteSms which replaces smileys like : ) to . But I can't confirm it for iOS7, used that feature on iOS6.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2