While in France i downloaded songs & Apps from the French stores. Now I'm in the US & need to switch to US store to get updates, US Apps etc. Is there a Way to do this without losing my purchases from France?
    07-01-2014 03:51 PM
    Welcome to iMore sgilliamh

This is a good question and I want you to get the best answer to it so stay tuned to this thread

What you downloaded to your device will not change just by switching the App Store your using but the updates to those apps are in question
    07-01-2014 04:54 PM
    The easiest solution would be having two different apple ids for each country.

Your apps and music won't expire.
    07-01-2014 05:00 PM
    I have already used the same Apple id to Buy things in both countries. Would i do best to switch back to US id, & then set up a second Apple id. When In France again? & also how does this Work in practice on multiple devices, including PCs?
    07-01-2014 05:21 PM
    I have already used the same Apple id to Buy things in both countries. Would i do best to switch back to US id, & then set up a second Apple id. When In France again? & also how does this Work in practice on multiple devices, including PCs?
    For media it doesn't really matter, you only download it once. You just have to remember to authorize iTunes on the PC with both apple Ids.

I personally use more than two iPhones, but it works just as well with two: keep each id segregated to each iOS device, and use the PC as a hub to update both apple Ids. Once the hub is updated, it should then update your American iPhone with your French updates and vice versa.

Also worth mentioning, when iOS 8 lands with continuity and handoff, it will allow for a pseudo dual sim solution. By that I mean you will be able to answer and text both your American and French phone numbers from each of your apple devices.

Pretty friggen cool if you ask me.
    kataran likes this.
    07-01-2014 06:33 PM