so when I shake my iPhone 5s I can hear a rattling noise.At first,I didn't know what was causing it but then I searched about this issue on google so according to some ppl it's the camera lens that's causing this rattling noise.My question is:is this normal,does your 5s have this noise too?
    06-29-2014 05:01 PM
    Yes, the rattling noise is normal.
    06-29-2014 05:15 PM
    Are u sure man?
    06-29-2014 05:25 PM
    Are u sure man?
    Yes, however, if you feel that it is not, please make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them check it out for you.
    06-29-2014 05:47 PM
    I think it is normal. I had never heard a rattle until I read your post and I can barely hear something, I wouldn't even call it a rattle. Your device is fine. If you don't think so take it to an Apple store and let them check it out.
    06-29-2014 06:16 PM
    My 5S does it as well. Off topic Genius Bar experience...my iPhones screen in the top left corner would barely move when slightly pressed. I mentioned it to an associate while in the Apple Store and the GB worker replaced it. Gotta love Apple customer service. 🙌

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    pr1nce likes this.
    06-29-2014 06:45 PM
    It's normal. Many hear a rattle with the 5s. Some say it's in the lens and others say it's in the home button. On closer look:
    Is my iPhone 5S' rattling noise normal?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1404090934.899958.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    06-29-2014 09:15 PM
    Speaking of the home button is it supposed to make a little clicking sound is it normal?
    06-30-2014 04:32 AM
    I think it's the lock button which makes this noise. It does happen to me as well but not much which should bother me.

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    06-30-2014 04:44 AM
    Speaking of the home button is it supposed to make a little clicking sound is it normal?
    Yes. Mine did that too. It also had the slight rattle which I think is from under the power button somewhere. As normal as these are, if they bother you, take it in as soon as possible. =)

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-30-2014 07:34 AM
    My 5S does it as well. Off topic Genius Bar experience...my iPhones screen in the top left corner would barely move when slightly pressed. I mentioned it to an associate while in the Apple Store and the GB worker replaced it. Gotta love Apple customer service.

Did he replace the entire phone? I have that problem and I went and they told me nothing is really wrong with it, but if it gets worse I should bring it back and they will as well.

That said I also have the rattling noise. My iPhone 5 was from a bad batch apparently LOL..
    06-30-2014 12:53 PM
    Did he replace the entire phone? I have that problem and I went and they told me nothing is really wrong with it, but if it gets worse I should bring it back and they will as well.

That said I also have the rattling noise. My iPhone 5 was from a bad batch apparently LOL..
    Yup, the store replaced the whole phone on the spot.

06-30-2014 01:02 PM
    Yup, the store replaced the whole phone on the spot.

I am going to try that... Question my phone is currently locked do you get an unlocked phone as a replacement.

Tapatalking from my iPhone
    06-30-2014 01:08 PM
    I am going to try that... Question my phone is currently locked do you get an unlocked phone as a replacement.

Tapatalking from my iPhone
    No. You get a locked phone.
    dc9super80 likes this.
    06-30-2014 02:36 PM
    Your phone is fine. Just enjoy it.
    06-30-2014 03:27 PM
    Yeah thanks man and man lol sorry just one last thing...when I lay my finger on the home button is it normal for the button to kinda go down kinda sink in with my finger...almost press..cuz I mean by laying my finger on it I'm exerting pressure right?Or does that mean my home button is kinda loose and less sturdy?
    07-02-2014 07:43 PM
    Yeah thanks man and man lol sorry just one last thing...when I lay my finger on the home button is it normal for the button to kinda go down kinda sink in with my finger...almost press..cuz I mean by laying my finger on it I'm exerting pressure right?Or does that mean my home button is kinda loose and less sturdy?
    Normal. Your phone is fine. Enjoy it!

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    07-02-2014 10:36 PM
    Relax. Your phone is fine. Enjoy your awesome 5S!
    07-03-2014 12:14 AM
    I went to the apple store last week, and they gave me a "new" 5s because my old one's power button broke (couldn't push down). I NEVER noticed rattling on my previous 5s. With this "new" one, I noticed the rattle when my phone rang on vibrate mode...it was the most annoying sound ever. Also, when I shake it, it makes a rattling noise, as if there's something loose & moving around near the top right corner (near the camera). I'm going to take it back in to the apple store so they can take a look. I don't mind going back because they've always been very helpful (as long as you fall under warranty/have apple care).
    10-15-2014 08:15 PM