Is there an option to require a password prior to opening iMessage or email? If I allow someone to use my iphone to make a call I would like the phones other apps to remain locked.
    06-29-2014 09:26 AM
    There's no way you can lock your iMessage/Mail app with a password. Though, you can lock ur device with a password.

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-29-2014 09:30 AM
    Thanks I'm a new iPhone user and I've looked everywhere in the settings with no luck.
    06-29-2014 09:39 AM
    agarwal.apar is correct, and in addition to what was stated, if your device is Siri compatible, you can always have it dial a specific number for you from the lock screen. That way, the person borrowing your phone to make a call can indeed have a conversation without having access to the homescreens.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    06-29-2014 09:57 AM
    If it's jailbroken, you can download a tweak that passcode locks certain apps, so you will have to enter a password every time you want to open the app.
    06-29-2014 10:55 AM
    Since technologically, this would be very easy for Apple to do, I can only assume they do not have a feature to lock certain applications, as a marketing ploy. Specifically, they want to encourage everyone in every household to have their own iOS device. It is the same reason that they have until now not offered a multiple account login for one iOS device. Technologically, this is all simple stuff, but they don't do it because it doesn't comport with their marketing goals.
    05-29-2016 08:34 AM