Why are multiple addresses on my Mac displaying differently on my i-Device?

nmacmil

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I apologize if this question was posted before.

I have a large number of contacts that I have both a home and work address for but only part of one of the address shows up. On the contacts app in my MacBook I can see both addresses but on the iPhone and iPad I'm only seeing part of one of the addresses and I can't select one to get a map view.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and know how to fix it? The last time I looked at a contact that had multiple addresses was about 3 weeks ago, all addresses were visible and I have the latest updates.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Multiple addresses in contacts

Hello All,

I apologize if this question was posted before.

I have a large number of contacts that I have both a home and work address for but only part of one of the address shows up. On the contacts app in my MacBook I can see both addresses but on the iPhone and iPad I'm only seeing part of one of the addresses and I can't select one to get a map view.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and know how to fix it? The last time I looked at a contact that had multiple addresses was about 3 weeks ago, all addresses were visible and I have the latest updates.

Which OS are you on for your Mac? Are you backing up to one of these, and if do which one?

Time Machine - Learn how to backup your Mac using Time Machine.
Time Capsule - Learn more about backing up your data using Time Capsule.
iCloud - Use iCloud to backup your music, photos, calendars, etc.

nmacmil

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

I have the latest updates for Mac OS 10.9 and backup to iCloud. I haven't changed the way I do anything for a few months so I know it's not the way I'm doing something. I just find it weird that it made that change in iOS without making a settings change.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried deleting the addresses from the iPhone and iPad, then entering them back in manually?

Sent from from my iPhone 5

nmacmil

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup, tried that as well. I'm going to wipe my phone and start from scratch see if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow that was odd. I couldn't find anything like that anywhere.
Thank you for the update.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner