When I insert the new sim card, will my apps, data, contacts, emails, etc. still be on the phone?

I

iMore Question

I plan to go to Switzerland and purchase a Swisscom sim card for my iPhone 5. When I insert the new sim card, will all of the apps, data, contacts, emails, etc. still be in the iPhone? I've not done this before and want to know what exactly happens when I insert the new Swiss sim card. Thanks.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
re: When I insert the new sim card, will my apps, data, contacts, emails, etc. still be on the phone?

I plan to go to Switzerland and purchase a Swisscom sim card for my iPhone 5. When I insert the new sim card, will all of the apps, data, contacts, emails, etc. still be in the iPhone? I've not done this before and want to know what exactly happens when I insert the new Swiss sim card. Thanks.

Ooooo Switzerland!!! I'm jealous!!!

Your apps, contacts, media should be easily accessible via a back up to iCloud and via your Apple ID. Before you do anything, do a full back up of the device to iCloud or to your computer/ iTunes, whichever you normally do, just in case you need to do a restore..

I've moved SIMs around on my devices and everything stayed on my iPhone.

****Edit....just thought of something; I'm assuming your phone is carrier unlocked?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner