This year, I am looking to buy the iPhone 6 on launch day. I want to wait in line for it at my nearest Apple Store, but I have a few questions.
    1) Do I have to pre-order off of Apple's website and then pick it up, or can I just wait in line for it?
    2)I want to buy a T-Mobile/Unlocked iPhone, and was wondering if they had those for purchase for launch day.
    3)Have T-Mobile/Unlocked phones been sold on launch for previous iPhones, or do those usually come later?

Thanks!
    06-25-2014 04:12 PM
    This year, I am looking to buy the iPhone 6 on launch day. I want to wait in line for it at my nearest Apple Store, but I have a few questions.
    1) Do I have to pre-order off of Apple's website and then pick it up, or can I just wait in line for it?
    2)I want to buy a T-Mobile/Unlocked iPhone, and was wondering if they had those for purchase for launch day.
    3)Have T-Mobile/Unlocked phones been sold on launch for previous iPhones, or do those usually come later?

Thanks!
    You will probably be able to do both. Be aware that for most popular colours, it might be safer to pre order and pick up. It was ridiculously difficult for me to get my hands on a gold 64g iPhone 5s last year.

Unlocked phones can be purchased directly from Apple and usually come out a few days/weeks after. Not sure about T-Mobile, I would suggest contacting Apple. They're very easy to reach.

If I remember correctly from last year, unlocked came out later.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-25-2014 04:17 PM
    One of the benefits of living in the UK is that I can walk into an Apple Store on release day and walk out with an unlocked iPhone.

The downside is we pay WAY more over here than you do in the States for ostensibly the same device...
    06-25-2014 04:28 PM
    One of the benefits of living in the UK is that I can walk into an Apple Store on release day and walk out with an unlocked iPhone.

The downside is we pay WAY more over here than you do in the States for ostensibly the same device...
    I'll bet you do, How much USA for the basic phone say 16GB?
    06-25-2014 06:29 PM
    I think it is was too premature to know this info yet but wait to read the half dozen threads the same as this one to get started and you might be able to find out. LOL
    06-25-2014 06:31 PM
    I replied in your other thread. Tmobile 5S was available on launch day last year.
    06-25-2014 06:55 PM