Macbook Pro: Which one to buy?

I

iMore Question

I am looking into getting a Macbook Pro with retina display and I am undecided. I am looking for a computer to last me for many years, one that is portable, and durable. I don't do any heavy graphics work, creation, or audio work. I do store a lot of pictures, but no more than your average person. I don't play any intense computer games, I will mostly be using it for internet research, writing presentations, checking email etc. Occasionally, I use photoshop, but not many other programs. I'm not sure whether to get the 13-inch or 15 inch, or within those sizes if I should upgrade to the more powerful versions with more memory. Does anyone have any suggestions?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am looking into getting a Macbook Pro with retina display and I am undecided. I am looking for a computer to last me for many years, one that is portable, and durable. I don't do any heavy graphics work, creation, or audio work. I do store a lot of pictures, but no more than your average person. I don't play any intense computer games, I will mostly be using it for internet research, writing presentations, checking email etc. Occasionally, I use photoshop, but not many other programs. I'm not sure whether to get the 13-inch or 15 inch, or within those sizes if I should upgrade to the more powerful versions with more memory. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Get why ever size you prefer, and upgrade it to the most you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You will not need the rMBP to do any of those tasks. If you simply want the retina display, then by all means purchase the entry-level 13'' model. Just know that you're buying a sports car to do the job of a compact. I would not purchase the 15'' model. Unless you like having a Ferrari to drive the kids to school in!

I would instead recommend the 13'' Macbook Air, with the 8 GB RAM upgrade. (I recommend the same upgrade for the rMBP). You won't need a faster processor or anything for that, the entry-level CPU on each device will be fine for your needs. Buy the version with as much internal storage as you think you'll need, though if you decide to go light on internal storage (i.e. only getting the 128 GB variant) then know that there are lots of good external storage solutions that will work perfectly fine for storing photos, videos, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711