My iPhone's display just turned black. How can I fix this?

I

iMore Question

My Iphone 5 has a black screen, I can hear incoming calls and battery volume but screen turned to black suddenly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Iphone Screen is Black

If you have iOS 7 or above installed, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the control center, and then slide the brightness lever to the right. If the screen is completely black, press and hold the power button and home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo, and then release both buttons while the device boots up. By the way, how do you hear the "battery volume"?

Drewbs

May 21, 2014
Visit site
This exact thing happened to my iPad and I just left it alone for a two days and it just went back to normal

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Obviously this is not normal. If the reboot didn't work I would make a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple store. By the way, I've never heard anyone say they can hear the battery volume. Good luck.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Obviously this is not normal. If the reboot didn't work I would make a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple store. By the way, I've never heard anyone say they can hear the battery volume. Good luck.
I've never heard anyone refer to that sound either. But it does make a sound when you plug a sleeping phone in to charge. I would call it a charge alert sound. ? :D

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro