Total app/sharing confusion between me and bfs idevices

I

iMore Question

I have an iphone and its linked to my itunes on my laptop and i have my own apple id. . BF has an ipod touch and his own apple id for itunes.

So last weekend i brought my laptop his his house, connected to wifi and he signed me out of my itunes and signed into his own then connected his touch and synced.

Coupla days later a photo album appeared on his touch, it was an album only on my laptop of screensavers. Then this morning my iphone has updated all apps and included all the apps on his touch which i have never downloaded onto my iphone.

Also all of his music is gone from his touch. Its not in his itunes, nor my itunes nor my iphone.

Yes, i definitely checked we were both signed out of the correct itunes. yes, home sharing is off. WTF is going on?

kind regards and thanks in advance :)

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
There's multiple things going on here. First of all, you're aware that an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) can only be synched with ONE iTunes Library at a time, right? Secondly, if you do not heed this warning, iTunes will ERASE the old content on the device before doing any data sync. Finally, if purchased applications differ between the old and new set, iTunes will merge them - assuming you chose to erase and sync at the prior step. All this sounds like exactly what caused the situation you are in now. Unfortunately, there isn't an undo button for something like this... but the key takeaway should be "either use your own computer accounts, if you share a computer; if you do NOT share a computer, don't attempt to sync your device on the other computer (but charging only is safe)".

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Using someone else's computer to sync always jacks things up. If he must use your computer to sync, his best bet is to create a guest account so iTunes isn't tied to the info on your administrator account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2