Hi, my 79 year mom has an iPad Air as do I. I am hoping there's a way that I can help her remotely by viewing her screen and suggest what it is that you should do. Is that an option with the iPad Air? Thank you for your time.
    06-18-2014 12:51 PM
    There is not an option for that on the device itself, but there maybe 3rd party apps that'll help. Unfortunately, I'm unaware e if any.
    06-18-2014 01:30 PM
    Tell me if u find anything b/c it would be interesting if u were able to

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    06-20-2014 06:43 PM
    Found this article on the internet:

If you jailbreak the device you are trying to control, yes. There is an app in Cydia called Veency that is a VNC server for iOS. You can then use Screen Sharing on the Mac, or one of the many free VNC clients (such as UltraVNC or TightVNC) on a Windows machine to view and control the target iOS device. You can even view/control the iOS device FROM another iOS device with a remote desktop app like Jump.

Obviously jailbreaking every device under your control is not a viable option, but for one-off situations Veency is a possibility. As for official App-Store apps, this sort of thing will not be available unless Apple significantly alters their restrictions on app sandboxing, which I find highly unlikely. There is a possibility that Apple may develop it's own iOS remote connection solution, but given the nature of iOS devices as very personal devices that aren't enterprise-focused, I find this a rather unlikely future.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    06-20-2014 06:47 PM