Hi, I want to connect my iPhone to AppleTV using mirroring, but the AirPlay button is not showing up.

I setup an iPhone5 (tried iPhone4S too) and AppleTV on the same wireless home network (2.4GHz b/g/n) and the Airplay button does not show up in the Control Center.

AirPlay is turned ON in AppleTV. I have reset and restarted all the devices and reconnected to the network several times. I've restarted the router too and the AirPlay button will still not appear.

It seems so simple and yet, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    06-18-2014 01:57 AM
    If it is not showing up on either of those devices and reboots of the phones aren't working then it sounds like you should restore the Apple TV itself. You can do that in the settings-general-update software. You'll see an option to do a restore as new. This isn't the first forum post I've seen about this issue either.
    06-18-2014 02:03 AM
    Keep in mind that not all videos are AirPlay compatible, so to speak. For instance, I play games against my youngest son on occasion and we like to use the Apple TV to so that others can see us play. Depending on the game, we can use the AirPlay function, but sometimes we have to use the mirroring feature, but again, that depends on the game and whether or not it is configured for AirPlay.
    06-18-2014 10:07 AM