How can I retrieve the notes that have disappeared from my iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Actually, yes they did disappear without ANY intentional deletion action on my part. The last two years of iPhone notes are simply gone for no apparent reason.

1. To whom are you replying?
2. Which app were you using to create your notes?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Mine has just done this too.. a note ive been using for 3 years just GONE.

Ive spent 70 on one of those restore and find programs, looked in google notes/trash/etc, did a restore to a year ago and it is GONE.. so upset.

Okay. So is it possible that you accidentally deleted your Google notes? I take it you didn't have a backup of those notes saved anywhere? On what device were you using when you noticed that the notes were "GONE"?

rdpercyjr

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
re:

I found out this can happen...I watched it happen earlier this morning!
I updated a note I had going, hit DONE, set the phone on my desk, was looking at the list of my notes, and blipp, the screen shifted and my most recent note was gone...!
What's up with that?!?
I've checked All Accounts, it's not there!
Anyway to recover it?

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

Just had the same thing happening to me. I have been using the native notes app for a lot of year on different iPhones - now on my iPhone 6. Due to account issues on iCloud I don't have that enacted, and today all of my notes are gone. It's insanely important data, ideas and memories and it seems to have just evaporated for I reason.

Somebody suggested toggling on and off some email accounts, but I can't make that work. My email account attached to my iPhone is my work email, but notes weren't stores to that account before this happened, as far as I know.

What to do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

Just had the same thing happening to me. I have been using the native notes app for a lot of year on different iPhones - now on my iPhone 6. Due to account issues on iCloud I don't have that enacted, and today all of my notes are gone. It's insanely important data, ideas and memories and it seems to have just evaporated for I reason.

Somebody suggested toggling on and off some email accounts, but I can't make that work. My email account attached to my iPhone is my work email, but notes weren't stores to that account before this happened, as far as I know.

What to do?

Read this. You may have deleted your notes from your mail.
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=332859

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

It seems I can't for some reason. it says I haven't got permissions to see that post. Travelling in Japan right now and in serious need of my notes. Can you fill me in?

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

It still doesnt work, but I would also be perplexed if something I did in gmail (which my notes weren't connected to), would have anything to with my notes system on my phone, since I haven't changed anything on my email account for a long time?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It still doesnt work, but I would also be perplexed if something I did in gmail (which my notes weren't connected to), would have anything to with my notes system on my phone, since I haven't changed anything on my email account for a long time?

Are you saying the only account in your Notes app is iCloud? Do you see "Accounts" in the upper left corner? If you have more than one account connected to Notes, it will show them and an "All Notes". Where all do you have Notes turned on in Settings? Check all your email accounts and iCloud. What's turned on for notes?

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

It didn't say that before I went through trying to retrieve my lost notes thus trying to add an iCloud account. If there were any email accounts attached when the incident happened I am pretty sure it was my work email.

I reckon it isn't enough just having the gmail app and having google accounts across services?

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

I think some autocorrect did something to that post. I try again:

I didn't see "accounts" before I went through trying to retrieve my lost notes by trying to add an iCloud account. Now both my work email and my gmail is attached.

If there were any email accounts attached when the incident happened I am pretty sure it was my work email, but I couldn't choose between accounts or see which account it was attached too for that matter.

I reckon just having the gmail app and having google accounts across services won't mean that all of my notes are hidden somewhere in my gmail, or?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Any ideas out there that would help in my particular case?

Let's start from scratch. What is the specific problem you are having? What email account is the issue associated with? What iOS device and iOS version, and what specifically have you tried in an attempt to correct the problem?

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

I have a list of notes in my notes app. I have been collecting these originally on my iPhone 4s and now on my iPhone 6 Vers. 8.3.

A week back all of these notes disappeared without me doing anything that I can think of being related to the notes app. I still haven't worked out how and why they disappeared.

Because of prior password and storage issues with iCloud nothing is saved in iCloud as far as I know.

When I was looking at my notes app before my notes disappeared I couldn't choose between accounts. This tells me that either no account (is that possible?) or only one account was attached to those notes (this is only something I have gathered from reading this and related threads). If any account was attached my best bet is that it is my working email, since this is the email that I am using through my email app on the phone.

I don't know if my google account could have anything to do with it?

Since it happened I have tried following some of the advice above, without any help. However now I can choose from several accounts when writing notes: iCloud (I tried registering again), my work account and ''all".

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

I have a list of notes in my notes app. I have been collecting these originally on my iPhone 4s and now on my iPhone 6 Vers. 8.3.

A week back all of these notes disappeared without me doing anything that I can think of being related to the notes app. I still haven't worked out how and why they disappeared.

Because of prior password and storage issues with iCloud nothing is saved in iCloud as far as I know.

When I was looking at my notes app before my notes disappeared I couldn't choose between accounts. This tells me that either no account (is that possible?) or only one account was attached to those notes (this is only something I have gathered from reading this and related threads). If any account was attached my best bet is that it is my working email, since this is the email that I am using through my email app on the phone.

Since it happened I have tried following some of the advice above, without any help. However now I can choose from several accounts when writing notes: iCloud (I tried registering again), my work account and ''all".

And just to add. I have checked accounts, tried rebooting, tried finding a notes folder in gmail and my work email without any success.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Since you mentioned both iCloud and Google, login to both websites via a computer and check to see if your notes are present. If they are present in one of the accounts, then go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then disable the toggle next to Notes in the iCloud and/or Gmail portion, and then enable the toggle again to have the notes re-sync to your device.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

And just to add. I have checked accounts, tried rebooting, tried finding a notes folder in gmail and my work email without any success.

On your device, go to Settings - Notes and then check to see what is listed under "Default Account".

Bo Jessen

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

I only have iPhone and iPad access while travelling all through the summer. Can it be that I can see other folders with computer access?

Right now the standard account is my work email. The alternative is iCloud. However I am sure that it only lists iCloud because I have now re-registered and that it didn't when the notes disappeared.

I am not certain whether a standard account was listed at all when they disappeared. If so, it was probably my work email.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

I only have iPhone and iPad access while travelling all through the summer. Can it be that I can see other folders with computer access?

Right now the standard account is my work email. The alternative is iCloud. However I am sure that it only lists iCloud because I have now re-registered and that it didn't when the notes disappeared.

I am not certain whether a standard account was listed at all when they disappeared. If so, it was probably my work email.

If you can login to your work email via a computer and see the notes then you should be able to have those notes sync to your iOS device if your work email account is properly configured on it. If your work email is configured on your iPhone and/or iPad, go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and the select your work email. If a 'Notes' option is present, make sure the toggle next to it is enabled. That should sync your notes to your device. I don't know what else to tell you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW