How to I copy or transfer contacts from a group that exists solely on my iPhone to iCloud?

I

iMore Question

How to I copy or transfer contacts from a group that exists solely on my iPhone to iCloud so I can sync them with everything else ( laptop, iPad..) . Everything is now sync'd with the iCloud OK and my default is iCloud so going forward I should be fine, but how do I transfer a relatively large group from the iPhone to the iCloud

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How to I copy or transfer contacts from a group that exists solely on my iPhone to iCloud so I can sync them with everything else ( laptop, iPad..) . Everything is now sync'd with the iCloud OK and my default is iCloud so going forward I should be fine, but how do I transfer a relatively large group from the iPhone to the iCloud
I am not confused by the question as much as you not thinking that they would not be syncd. If you create something like this on your iPhone it should have syncd this info to iCloud as long as under iCloud in settings you have all of your buttons toggled on showing green of course your contacts in this case.

jcmueller

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
For the laptop I exported the contacts to a vcard and uploaded to icloud and going forward anything I enter via the laptop is sync'd. My ipad has nothing unique so it's not an issue.

There are a couple of groups on the phone that were on the phone before I linked everything to icloud. Under settings>icloud, contacts are on - the button is to the right and the area is green. Same obviously if I check under Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars>Accounts>iCloud. Under Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars>Accounts>WORK, again the contacts button is shifted to the right and the area to the left is green. The contacts in the WORK account or 2 others set up similarly do not show up on any other device. How do I make these addresses available on my other devices?

BTW - the phone is a 4S running iOS 7.1.1 Thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal