Location Services cutting out while in use

Notyetafan

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I am using iPads for a transit service for driver routing. Our internet based routing service allows us to use the GPS on the iPad to log our mileage during the day, as well as allowing to see where the drivers location is within the city. My question is that the location services are cutting out throughout the day, and not allowing for any tracking; are there any settings that I might be missing that would keep the location services from remaining active the whole day. I just went out and used it and it worked for about 30 minutes, and then the location services shut off.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have never heard of Location services going down unless you happen to hit bad signal areas much like using your phone and driving through a black area that temporary looses signal and comes back on. This is merely a fairly good guess on my part and unless because it happens all the time check configurations on all your iPads to make sure they all match up.

Notyetafan

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I am completely confused with this. I have all my iPads configured the same way. Funny thing is that it will shut off location services sitting still where I have location services operating properly.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered turning all of the location services off on all. Reboot all of them one by one and see what happens. Also what iPads are these meaning models.