Does the iPhone offer repeated voicemail notifications?

I

iMore Question

Finally gave in to the modern world and acquired an iPhone 5s a couple of weeks ago. Longtime Mac user, but just not a smart phone person...

Anyway, is there an app to 'assist' in the voicemail situation?

From what I gather via cursory research, the repeated voicemail notification of my feature phone doesn't transfer over to the (supposedly) more advanced iPhone.

Is this an Apple oversight? I wouldn't think it was Verizon as the 'feature' worked on the ancient handset I had previously.

The rants that I saw posted were from 2007 and 2008 so Apple 'should' have had time to look into the issue, but it would not surprise me if they haven't.

(Should I also add that I would have left Apple years ago if I didn't hate Windows and Google so much?)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: BASIC iPhone Voicemail Question...

Welcome to iMore. What assistance are you looking for? Explain. Enjoy your 5S!

curmudgeonly

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Just wanted to confirm that the 'behavior' of the iPhone is not to offer continuing voicemail notifications and establish whether there is a third-party app to address this.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Just wanted to confirm that the 'behavior' of the iPhone is not to offer continuing voicemail notifications and establish whether there is a third-party app to address this.

Settings > Notification Center > Messages > Repeat Alerts > (set to Never, Once, Twice, 3 Times, 5 Times, 10 Times)

Of course, this will also affect how alerts are repeated for all notifications - messages, text, email, voice mail, etc AFAIK.

Jay Clark5

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Does the iPhone offer repeated AUDIBLE voice mail/missed call notifications?

I am getting that the iPhone only alerts or notifies one of "Live" voice and text messages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro