Hello.

After some on and off and certain privacy concerns I'm again in love with the mailbox app on my iPhone.

I'm having trouble with the badge count when I receive new mails. When I get an email to my inbox zero it shows a "2". The badge count behavior is on default under settings, meaning it shows the number of conversations in your inbox.

I just send two emails, one to my iCloud and one to my gmail account,
    Both in mailbox.

The iCloud mail seems to count double and the gmail single so that it shows a "3" as badge number.

If I send a gmail to my empty inbox, this counts as "2" and the following second mail to my iCloud counts as one.

So:
    First mail counts double...

Does anybody have an idea?
    05-27-2014 03:15 PM
    I tried Mailbox and did not care for it so now I use only the Native app. I wish I could be of some help to you.
    05-27-2014 04:16 PM
    Yeah it's a back and forth for me but sometimes I really dig the reminder function of an email that should concern me tomorrow and not right now.

Don't like the fact that my email is routed through their servers, though.
    05-27-2014 04:19 PM
    I liked Molto better than Mailbox, but I always go back to the stock mail app.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-27-2014 04:25 PM
    Hello.

After some on and off and certain privacy concerns I'm again in love with the mailbox app on my iPhone.

I'm having trouble with the badge count when I receive new mails. When I get an email to my inbox zero it shows a "2". The badge count behavior is on default under settings, meaning it shows the number of conversations in your inbox.

I just send two emails, one to my iCloud and one to my gmail account,
    Both in mailbox.

The iCloud mail seems to count double and the gmail single so that it shows a "3" as badge number.

If I send a gmail to my empty inbox, this counts as "2" and the following second mail to my iCloud counts as one.

So:
    First mail counts double...

Does anybody have an idea?

Why is my badge count in Mailbox different from my email count on the web?

Mailbox uses the badge count to show the total number of conversations in your inbox, not the unread message count. We do this because we believe the number of unread emails correlates poorly to what's actually important in you Inbox.
    Badge count settings can be adjusted in the app's settings to either turn the badge off or to use the badge to show the number "1" when there are any new messages since the last time you opened the app and "0" when there are none.

Source: Mailbox
    05-27-2014 04:31 PM
    Why is my badge count in Mailbox different from my email count on the web?

Mailbox uses the badge count to show the total number of conversations in your inbox, not the unread message count. We do this because we believe the number of unread emails correlates poorly to what's actually important in you Inbox.
    Badge count settings can be adjusted in the app's settings to either turn the badge off or to use the badge to show the number "1" when there are any new messages since the last time you opened the app and "0" when there are none.

Source: Mailbox
    I know that, this is not my problem. One inbox conversation counts as two, a further one as three. This is not how it is supposed or said to be working.
    05-28-2014 04:43 AM
    Same seems to happen with other apps, as I can see right now. A friend sent me one whatsapp message and the whatsapp badge says "2"...
    What's wrong with my phone?
    05-28-2014 11:26 AM