When I logout of a specific site and then try to log back in, my password isn't recognized. Why?

magelo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I use a horse racing app and when given a password to use temporarily on the site until I amend it to my own preference it works initially but then once I log out and go back into the site it doesn't recognise the password.
So when I go into safari I make sure passwords are saved "auto fill"
I then clear cookies
I then go into safAri and use the website from there, so again when I put in my new password it works fine initially but then if I log out of the app or close the page through Safari and open it later on it doesn't recognise the password or username.
Any suggestions?? Pulling my hair out. Am I missing something?
I have an iPhone 5
Thanks

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why are you clearing cookies and cache even though you have auto fill on? Done clear them and see what happens.
also when you close the safari page instead why not bookmark it and don't close the page, Just Safari and see what that does.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You said you have the app. Do you use it? Can you log in on the app? Sometimes I have log in problems in Safari. I use the Puffin Browser and they work. So you might try a different browser.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

magelo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It's called ladbrokes. They said on their live chat that I will have to log
In via a laptop/PC to set my password and then use the app as there are issues. I have used the app with a temp password they have sent me and then that works but once I leave the app it won't recognise the password. All v odd!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not odd at all now that you explained some vital info you left out of your intial post, So there is a problem or bug problem with the app that needs to be fixed, You just stated that from your live chat so when they fix it you will be good to go.

Last edited:

magelo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all. Would it be normal to have to use the full website to set up initial username/password and then use the app after??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use a horse racing app and when given a password to use temporarily on the site until I amend it to my own preference it works initially but then once I log out and go back into the site it doesn't recognise the password.
So when I go into safari I make sure passwords are saved "auto fill"
I then clear cookies
I then go into safAri and use the website from there, so again when I put in my new password it works fine initially but then if I log out of the app or close the page through Safari and open it later on it doesn't recognise the password or username.
Any suggestions?? Pulling my hair out. Am I missing something?
I have an iPhone 5
Thanks

I'm confused about the app's relationship to the website and its password. Is there an option in the app to "remember the password"? Does the password stick when you do not clear the cookies?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's called ladbrokes. They said on their live chat that I will have to log
In via a laptop/PC to set my password and then use the app as there are issues. I have used the app with a temp password they have sent me and then that works but once I leave the app it won't recognise the password.
All v odd!!
I believe this is the key to everything that the OP as I mentioned left out of the first post.

magelo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
So bascially simply the password doesn't seem to want to stick. It does going through safari a opposed to the app but if I log out of the webpage I then put in the password and it's not recognising it. It seems to accept it sometimes but other times it won't. I think as someone mentioned the live chat on ladbrokes said it was best to enter my password via the PC or laptop (which i don't have) and then login via the app or safari after that. Anyone any other suggestions?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So bascially simply the password doesn't seem to want to stick. It does going through safari a opposed to the app but if I log out of the webpage I then put in the password and it's not recognising it. It seems to accept it sometimes but other times it won't. I think as someone mentioned the live chat on ladbrokes said it was best to enter my password via the PC or laptop (which i don't have) and then login via the app or safari after that. Anyone any other suggestions?
You mentioned in this live chat so did they actually mention to you that there is a problem with thew app that they are working on and gave you this alternative in the meantime? This might sum everything up to let us know what is really going on according to their chat with you.

magelo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Cheers mate. I just double checked there. And they are def saying to put username/password into the full site on a laptop/PC and then it "should" work on the app!! I just hope it does, seems unusual. Every heard of that scenario?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Cheers mate. I just double checked there. And they are def saying to put username/password into the full site on a laptop/PC and then it "should" work on the app!! I just hope it does, seems unusual. Every heard of that scenario?
I can 't say that i have and am not being very helpful other than if they are actually telling you there is an issue on their end and giving you a work around until they release a new app with bug fixes. If that is what you are getting out of it that is all you can do. Good luck and I hope they fix it for you and everyone else fast. :)

magelo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I went in via laptop and worked fine and saved new password there and went into app and it accepted it. I go back in later and doesn't recognise it at all!!

magelo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi so the app is working as per the live chat. I logged on via the laptop and used the temp lassoed and then changed to a more preferred password. I then uploaded the ladbrokes app and logge do and horay it worked!! Then I closed the app and it didn't recognise the password. It's baffled the people in ladbrokes. Is it to do with my personal settings? What should my settings on the iPhone look like under ios7? Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner