I'm looking for an anti glare and anti scratch screen protector for the ipad mini retina. Which one is the best that doesn't minimize the clarity and vividness of the screen? I understand with anti glare it will decrease the clarity but which one offers the best clarity still and just how much will the clarity be sacrificed?
    05-23-2014 05:33 PM
    I'm looking for an anti glare and anti scratch screen protector for the ipad mini retina. Which one is the best that doesn't minimize the clarity and vividness of the screen? I understand with anti glare it will decrease the clarity but which one offers the best clarity still and just how much will the clarity be sacrificed?
    Right up my alley so to speak. I am typing this on the very iOS device you are asking about and on this device and my 5S and all previous phones I have only used a Zagg screen protector but one in particular that you are liking for because I,promise you it takes nothing from the retina display. It is the Zagg Smudge Proof protector and if you buy it from like Best buy which I know they will put it on for free. I like it because I. Can type in the forum and fire off email and iMessages and with a light wipe of a microfiber cloth at the end and you will never know it.
    Scratch resistance should not fool you but this is damn close to eek g that way because it sorta fills in slight to deep scratches. You will not regret it. Go,dot, register it for the lifetime warranty and have fun.
    05-23-2014 07:28 PM
    Right up my alley so to speak. I am typing this on the very iOS device you are asking about and on this device and my 5S and all previous phones I have only used a Zagg screen protector but one in particular that you are liking for because I,promise you it takes nothing from the retina display. It is the Zagg Smudge Proof protector and if you buy it from like Best buy which I know they will put it on for free. I like it because I. Can type in the forum and fire off email and iMessages and with a light wipe of a microfiber cloth at the end and you will never know it.
    Scratch resistance should not fool you but this is damn close to eek g that way because it sorta fills in slight to deep scratches. You will not regret it. Go,dot, register it for the lifetime warranty and have fun.
    Wonderful answer. To delve more into the issue, did you notice any pixelation or different colors present when reading or watching movies? The clarity on Zagg.com said its only 86% clear so I want to get your opinion on this before purchasing the product. I will mostly be watching movies and web browsing on the retina so I do not want to waste money on the smudge proof if I substantially sacrifice the clarity. I would in that case rather get the glass.
    05-24-2014 12:38 AM
    Can someone please help? I need to make a decision so I can purchase the right protector.
    05-25-2014 12:01 AM
    Best of all don't look anywhere else:

http://www.spigen.com/ipad-mini-with...steinheil.html

Best quality and best clarity period! They have an anti-glare I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by evorc; 05-25-2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: edit
    05-25-2014 01:09 AM
    I use all iSmooth screen protectors on my devices. Very easy to apply and from my eye they don't degrade the screen quality. I don't notice a dim screen or like the colors don't 'pop' as much. But keep in mind I am not a graphic artist or doing any type of major picture editing. Yes they do scratch but all screen protectors will if you give them a reason to scratch, if you put your keys against it is one of those cases where you deserve it.

They also have a lifetime warranty so if something happens to it you email them your order number and that send you a new one no questions asked. You don't have to send the old one in. Customer service is always a plus and theirs is excellent.

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X
    05-25-2014 01:16 AM
    Wonderful answer. To delve more into the issue, did you notice any pixelation or different colors present when reading or watching movies? The clarity on Zagg.com said its only 86% clear so I want to get your opinion on this before purchasing the product. I will mostly be watching movies and web browsing on the retina so I do not want to waste money on the smudge proof if I substantially sacrifice the clarity. I would in that case rather get the glass.
    Can someone please help? I need to make a decision so I can purchase the right protector.
    You have to be the one to decide in the end but all I can say is the one I use there are no fingerprints hence smudge proof and I have yet to notice any degradation of the picture no matter if I am reading an email, A text or watching live sports or a video. The best part is the lifetime guarantee and the material is made out of what they use on helicopter blades so this stands up very good to scratches. I have it on both my devices.
    05-25-2014 09:28 AM
    I will be ordering the zagg today. Just to confirm you have the smudge proof zagg protector right?
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-26-2014 01:32 PM
    I will be ordering the zagg today. Just to confirm you have the smudge proof zagg protector right?
    Yes I do 100% Smudge Proof. If you decide to also get one for your iPhone make sure if you get the same one make sure it says case friendly if you use a case so it fits perfect. When you take it to have it put on make sure you register it so that way you have the lifetime warranty on it. Good luck an if you give it a day to dry and resist using it until it is set, You will be good to go,.
    05-26-2014 02:09 PM