I forgot my passcode and I did a backup to icloud through my phone - not a computer. I need to figure out how to restore from the computer since the phone is locked up?
    05-23-2014 10:10 AM
    I forgot my passcode and I did a backup to icloud through my phone - not a computer. I need to figure out how to restore from the computer since the phone is locked up?
    Wish I could help you but I am sure one of our experts will be along to explain what to do. Thank you for waiting.
    05-23-2014 10:19 AM
    iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled the bottom section where it says "Use recovery mode" you'll then have to enter your AppleID password during the restore, but shouldn't be a problem as it's your iPhone/AppleID.

Edit: Dang, beaten to a reply I was typing this... haha
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-23-2014 10:20 AM
    1. What is the forgotten passcode for? The lock screen? iCloud?
    2. If it is for iCloud, simply go to www.icloud.com and then select "Forgot ID or Password?" at the bottom of the screen.
    3. If it is the lock screen passcode then you will either have to remember the passcode or connect it to your computer via USB, initiate the computer's iTunes app and then select to restore it once iTunes recognizes the device.

NOTE: If you opt for option 3 AND the iCloud activation lock is enabled on the device, you will need to know that particular passcode before you can restore the device.
    05-23-2014 10:31 AM
    1. What is the forgotten passcode for? The lock screen? iCloud?
    2. If it is for iCloud, simply go to www.icloud.com and then select "Forgot ID or Password?" at the bottom of the screen.
    3. If it is the lock screen passcode then you will either have to remember the passcode or connect it to your computer via USB, initiate the computer's iTunes app and then select to restore it once iTunes recognizes the device.

NOTE: If you opt for option 3 AND the iCloud activation lock is enabled on the device, you will need to know that particular passcode before you can restore the device.
    If it's option 3 though, it'll have to be following the steps in the article I linked. Otherwise, it'll say you need the passcode to restore. Also, you will lose all your data on the phone, but as you said you have an iCloud backup, you should be fine. However, there is a chance your backup could contain that passcode.
    05-23-2014 11:04 AM