How do you unlock your iPad mini if you forgot the password?

I

iMore Question

how do you unlock your iPad mini if you forgot the password? pleas help me!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You will have to restore your device, but you will lose everything. Furthermore, if the iCloud activation lock is enabled, you will have to enter the passcode to disable it. Therefore, if you restore your device and do not know the correct passcode to deactivate the iCloud activation lock, your device will be an expensive paper weight.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well as stated above. We hate to tell the numbers of people every week and month that ask this same question that they own an expensive paperwork so return it to where you got it from if it was anyplace but a legit big box store and get a new or per owned that you know works before you leave with it.
It amazes me how bad people and their memory become so bad over mostly set up with a simple password or activation lock that gets forgotten. Good luck.

Jonathan Frost1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
OK

i tried using the I cloud locator to locate and "Nuke" the memory and I cloud says my Ipad is not "online" but when I go to restore, I am told I need to turn off the I cloud on the device first.

Any advice?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

If there was a way to get into it without the password, what would be the value of a password lock? Think about it. Your only option is to restore it as new. If you have a backup, you can then restore it from that backup. Otherwise, it’s hasta la vista, baby for all your photos and data.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77