iPhone 5s 32GB or 64GB?

I

iMore Question

I am switching to a new phone company and need to decide whether I want the 5s with 32GB or 64GB. It has to be a 5s because that's what my companys phone plan will allow. Right now I have 32GB and am using 27.5GB (14 on music, and 6GB on photos & camera). I don't necessarily want to spend the extra money if I dont have to, but I don't want to deal with cutting songs and photos all the time.

Any suggestions or recommendations? My iCloud storage is full as well but I'm not very savvy when it comes to icloud storage and dropboxes (read, I know nothing about this).

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Under the circumstances you stated above, you'd be better off with the 64GB model, in my opinion.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree, 64gb plus think about purchasing additional iCloud storage.
To upgrade: Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Change Storage Plan. You will be charged yearly.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with both opinions above; if you dont want to deal with cutting music and photos all the time, then go with the 64. It will be worth it in the long run, and you won't have to constantly worry about having enough space.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You would most likely fill 64 gb fairly quick with the pace you add music and photos. You need more cloud storage of some kind. Learn about Dropbox or Box. There's others. I use Box. It works great for me for storing photos and other files.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Stop carrying so many photos. Use flickr. Upload. Erase on device. Make sure icloud isn't backing up photos.

For music I don't keep as much on device but use iTunes Match.

That said spending another hundred to get another 32gb is often cheaper and a better option.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Stop carrying so many photos. Use flickr. Upload. Erase on device. Make sure icloud isn't backing up photos.

For music I don't keep as much on device but use iTunes Match.

That said spending another hundred to get another 32gb is often cheaper and a better option.

I agree. Flickr has a huge storage space for photos and maybe even iTunes Match might help with your music library.

That way, you may not even need a 64 gb.

Still, I would definitely get a 64GB iPhone

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Definitely 64GB. I refuse to get anything less...especially since I use it for business & personal reasons. Wish Apple would off a larger storage option.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2