iCloud merged on 2 phones

I

iMore Question

I got my first iphone and my daughter, who has access to my Apple account for her owni phone, went to set up iCloud on my phone and we seem to be merged receiving each other's messages and facetime calls - HELP!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my first iphone and my daughter, who has access to my Apple account for her owni phone, went to set up iCloud on my phone and we seem to be merged receiving each other's messages and facetime calls - HELP!

I recommend the following:

1. Use the current Apple ID for purchases only. By doing so, you can keep track of what is downloaded and purchased.
2. Create two different iCloud accounts - one for each device. This will provide you both with a bit of privacy. Emails, text messages, etcetera will not be received on the wrong device. As a parent, I recommend YOU create the accounts and keep the information in a safe place. You can always login to your daughter's iCloud account via a computer if necessary.
3. After creating the accounts, make sure you download and install the Find My iPhone app to locate the devices if lost or stolen, and to keep tabs on your daughter, if necessary. You can even go to Settings - General - Restrictions - Location Services on your daughter's iPhone and select "Don't Allow Changes" to prevent her from disabling the feature unless she knows the restrictions passcode.

Anyway, I hope i was helpful to you. Take care...:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
To add on to what D stated, you'll also want to go to settings > iMessage > Send & Receive and make sure you select the correct number or email address you would like to use to get messages for your specific device. Follow the same steps for FaceTime (settings > FaceTime > Send & a Receive).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To add on to what D stated, you'll also want to go to settings > iMessage > Send & Receive and make sure you select the correct number or email address you would like to use to get messages for your specific device. Follow the same steps for FaceTime (settings > FaceTime > Send & a Receive).
Right, you don't want to receive each other's iMessages. :)

Sent from from my iPhone 5