Good morning....have two step verification setup in my account and have been all set with mail, calendar and contacts for the past couple of years on my different iphones. This past weekend my mail app on my iphone 5 keeps getting cannot get mail the mail server imap.gmail.com is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings. I have gone back and revoked in two step verification and reinstalled the application name twice and entered the newly generated codes which setup accepted on phone but I still cant get it to work. I have gone thru safari on the phone after shutting all apps down and had it reset the sync for that phone...tried that after reading that somewhere. My gmail app works fine and my calendar and contacts sync fine on the phone...just not the mail. The only thing I can think of that changed...was at the verizon store on Saturday (around the time it stopped working) and a friend needed to recover his gmail password for his galaxy phone account and we did it on my phone. Anything that was recovered was for his account and info. Like I mentioned..my contacts and calendars sync fine everytime I re-do the two step authentication. Can someone help?

Thank you in advance
    05-12-2014 10:59 AM
    Since the Google Status Dashboarddoesn't show any disruptions, all I can say is to try using the application-specific password instead of your general Google account password or vice-versa to see if that helps.
    05-12-2014 11:03 AM
    I had this happen last week. Use the app specific password generated from the 2-step verification instead of your normal gmail password. That did the trick for me.
    05-12-2014 11:35 AM
    Good morning...I posted something the other day about being unable to get mail on my iphone..I followed directions..unlockedcaptcha and revoked access in the two step process. I got it working for about a day and now its out again on both iphone 5 and ipad..both running latest ios. Have repeatedly revoked access and re-entered new codes...have even removed two step authentication and nothing. My contacts and calendars sync just fine still but my mail is the biggest issue. My business uses google apps and my mail app is getting that mail just fine. I am not sure if other ios folks are having issues but its getting frustrating at this point. After a few years problems started on Saturday..on my imac yesterday it was also having issues...I would delete mail or it wouldn't load at all and then it would show back up. Today that works just fine. Is anyone else experiencing this by any chance or can someone suggest a fix?

Thanks for listening
    05-15-2014 10:26 AM
    Good morning...I posted something the other day about being unable to get mail on my iphone..I followed directions..unlockedcaptcha and revoked access in the two step process. I got it working for about a day and now its out again on both iphone 5 and ipad..both running latest ios. Have repeatedly revoked access and re-entered new codes...have even removed two step authentication and nothing. My contacts and calendars sync just fine still but my mail is the biggest issue. My business uses google apps and my mail app is getting that mail just fine. I am not sure if other ios folks are having issues but its getting frustrating at this point. After a few years problems started on Saturday..on my imac yesterday it was also having issues...I would delete mail or it wouldn't load at all and then it would show back up. Today that works just fine. Is anyone else experiencing this by any chance or can someone suggest a fix?

Thanks for listening
    I'm not having any problems whatsoever receiving email via my Gmail account so I don't know what else to tell you.
    05-15-2014 10:31 AM
    I'm not having any problems whatsoever receiving email via my Gmail account so I don't know what else to tell you.
    Agreed. My gmail is working flawlessly on my iPhone and Mail app in mavericks.

One question, and probably a long shotare you still trying to use the gmail Exchange setup? That doesn't work anymore except for Google Apps accounts.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-15-2014 01:02 PM
    I added it thru new accounts, imap account and manually installed the settings. Honestly not sure whats what..
    05-15-2014 01:20 PM
    All 4 of my Gmail accounts work great in the stock mail app. So do my other email accounts. Hmmm?

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-15-2014 04:00 PM