daily and monthly automatic backup

I

iMore Question

I want to daily and monthly (in case I don't notice an error for a few days) backup of my text messages, camera roll, and calendar. I want these backups to happen automatically without having to restart any apps if I turn off (and then turn back on again) my phone. Backups must be sent to either a cloud drive or my NAS via sftp as I don't want to backup/sync to any of my other apple devices.

How can I do this?

I'm asking cause it looks like I didn't notice my calendar was messed up until 3 weeks later and my icloud backup was set to backup automatically so it did so each day (so I think the correct version is no longer stored on icloud anymore - if I'm wrong, please let me know).

Thanks.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if that is possible. The old backup with the original calender data should still be in iCloud. You just have to check. If its not available, you should get a calender app that syncs to an online storage service. Maybe something like Sunrise Calendar 2.0 it syncs with iCloud. You should also try to backup to iTunes periodically.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
How can I check for the old backup?

Go to Settings>iCloud>Manage Backups. It should be there. You want it back on your phone, you should wipe the phone and restore from an iCloud backup. You will lose the data you currently have, such as texts and it will show the data from 3 weeks ago.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR