iTunes and iPhone 4S not working since recent iOS software update

I

iMore Question

after downloading the new iOS software update on my phone earlier this week, my phone has been in recovery mode since. i attempted to plug it into my pc to use iTunes to fix it, but now it appears my iTunes isn't working correctly since doing this. i've tried putting the phone into DFU mode and my pc will show it recognized the device, but it still doesn't recognize it in iTunes. i've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and checked my firewalls and updated iTunes and Mozilla that i use. when running diagnostics from help in iTunes it shows red telling me the secure link to iTunes store failed. in the report i see it says a firmware update server unsuccessful error 0X80096004. i've verified iTunes is listed as an exception in my firewall and listed the addresses for gsapple.com, etc. that are listed in support on iTunes. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i've been without a working phone for four days now.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
after downloading the new iOS software update on my phone earlier this week, my phone has been in recovery mode since. i attempted to plug it into my pc to use iTunes to fix it, but now it appears my iTunes isn't working correctly since doing this. i've tried putting the phone into DFU mode and my pc will show it recognized the device, but it still doesn't recognize it in iTunes. i've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and checked my firewalls and updated iTunes and Mozilla that i use. when running diagnostics from help in iTunes it shows red telling me the secure link to iTunes store failed. in the report i see it says a firmware update server unsuccessful error 0X80096004. i've verified iTunes is listed as an exception in my firewall and listed the addresses for gsapple.com, etc. that are listed in support on iTunes. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i've been without a working phone for four days now.

I would take it into apple have them restore it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW