Long story, so in short, my sister has not been using iMessage. She had Verizon block messages and preferred to use Facebook Messenger. So then AOL has a security breach and she tries to change her AOL password. So they send her a code to SMS, which was blocked. So she removes the block. I tell her Verizon does not charge for iMessage text. She has no text plan. So I go to send her an iMessage and it's green. She said it was turned on. So then I see that it's tied to her email address, rather than her phone number. Everything looks correct in send and receive. What does she need to do to get iMessage on her phone number? Does she need to sign out of iMessage, then sign back in? If so, in what way? Thanks!

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-01-2014 02:03 PM
    I would sign out and then sign back in... You can have both number and email linked... I always prefer number on all my devices..... - Long story on that...

Just don't toggle it off. sign out of the Apple ID, then log back in.
    05-01-2014 02:05 PM
    I would sign out and then sign back in... You can have both number and email linked... I always prefer number on all my devices..... - Long story on that...

Just don't toggle it off. sign out of the Apple ID, then log back in.
    Thanks! That's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. So when she signs back in, she just enters her Apple ID. Then the number shows?

05-01-2014 02:13 PM
    The number should show and also Apple ID email.. you can uncheck the email address.

Let me know if you need to do this on other device like iPad, as there is a few other steps that are needed.
    05-01-2014 02:16 PM
    The number should show and also Apple ID email.. you can uncheck the email address.

Let me know if you need to do this on other device like iPad, as there is a few other steps that are needed.
    Worked! Thanks for the help!

John Yester likes this.
    05-01-2014 05:34 PM