restoring problem

I

iMore Question

I am trying to restore my new iPhone c from I cloud so I'm following the steps and putting in my apple id and agreeing to the terms and conditions but after that it just pops up saying could not sign in there was a problem connecting to the server

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to restore my new iPhone c from I cloud so I'm following the steps and putting in my apple id and agreeing to the terms and conditions but after that it just pops up saying could not sign in there was a problem connecting to the server

There could be a problem with Apple's Servers. Reboot your device and try again.

Deano Woolgar

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok I did that it worked but now it won't let me select the back up I want because it says ios 7.1.1 is required but I can't get that update without setting up the iPhone as new?

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The backup which u have is on 7.1.1? Also, is it giving u an option to cancel the update and then continue to restore?

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I did that it worked but now it won't let me select the back up I want because it says ios 7.1.1 is required but I can't get that update without setting up the iPhone as new?

Go ahead and do a complete restore as you have no choice now to 7.1.1 and then you can go through with your backup or new depending on what you want to lose or completely set up your phone if it already was.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
But I haven't even set up my device yet?

I answered already but reading this are you saying this a brand new phone that you have done anything to because you said backup but before you used the word backup so can you clarify that so I am not misreading you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2