Messages back up to icloud

I

iMore Question

If someone can help me.

I have an iphone 4s with io7 up date.

When I go into settings - icloud - there is not an option to back up messages????

I keep reading that this is how to back up messages - texts - but I don't show the icon option.

Also when I log onto icloud on my pc - there is not option for messages - there is contacts, email, calendar, notes, reminders, fine my iphone - but no messages??????

How do I get this to work?????

Thank you

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
[h=3]What iCloud backs up[/h] You have important information on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iCloud automatically backs up your device over Wi-Fi every day while it’s turned on, locked, and connected to a power source. With your device information backed up in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you already have.
Here’s what iCloud backs up:

• Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books
    Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article Which types of items can I buy in my country?.
  • Photos and videos in your Camera Roll
  • Device settings
  • App data
  • Home screen and app organization
  • iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
  • Ringtones
  • Visual Voicemail
Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include data already stored in iCloud, for example contacts, calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo streams, My Photo Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps.

jalj

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes,

I have read this post before. My question is you mention - iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

Where do I find them on icloud - or how do i make sure they were backed up??????

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
You don't find them as iCloud backup is one whole back up.... You can't filter anything....

If you have iCloud backup turned on, trust me they are backing up

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
As John mentioned they are there that's a proven fact

No one has every complained of loosing any data that was backed up using iCloud

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore jalj

We all worry about our data but your messages are secure but if your still worried you can also do an iTunes backup or copy and paste them or do a screenshot

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice