New iPhone 5. I synced it with computer and suddenly I find all these albums and songs and artists on my iPhone which I don't want and are not on my comp[uter. Can anyone help me to get rid of these. Thanks.
    04-25-2014 10:43 AM
    Welcome to iMore

The music you mentioned came from the computer sync it might not be your music but someone has been using your computer maybe a son or daughter and that's how you acquired the music

Fix

Backup your device to iCloud and then restore your device using iTunes and the music will be gone. Or you could just delete the music thru iTunes
    04-25-2014 10:50 AM
    Remove the unwanted music...pretty simple really.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-25-2014 11:30 AM
    Load it all on iTunes Match, problem solved
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    04-25-2014 11:37 AM
    Thank u for input.
    04-25-2014 01:26 PM
    Thank u for input.
    Were you expecting a step by step on deleting music through iTunes? I mean if you were able to sync it and stuff, my guess would be that managing music would be child's play by the same person.
    04-25-2014 01:48 PM
    Were you expecting a step by step on deleting music through iTunes? I mean if you were able to sync it and stuff, my guess would be that managing music would be child's play by the same person.
    I can see someone is having a good Friday!!
    04-25-2014 02:13 PM
    I can see someone is having a good Friday!!
    I'm having a great Friday! Going on vacation tomorrow to the mountains with the wife, going to enjoy some awesome BBQ and nice scenic driving...my response (like the response in the other thread of "Get it fixed") was simply a reflection of a question that seemed like such a common sense thing. Don't want music on your iPhone? Remove it! Don't know how? There's an elementary level how to on Apple's website that would be more beneficial than someone retyping it all out here.
    04-25-2014 05:18 PM
    I call it hysterical Tech syndrome

Something happens to your device and you forget what needs to be done and cry out for help before trying to fix it yourself
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-25-2014 05:28 PM

Something happens to your device and you forget what needs to be done and cry out for help before trying to fix it yourself
    I call it third world problems...
    04-26-2014 06:07 AM

In the defense of the poster I find iTunes to be the most unintuitive software I ever used period. I cannot get my arms around synching music and how to make it do the same thing twice in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    kataran likes this.
    04-26-2014 08:53 AM
    Sometimes iTunes adds music that you have to remove using the settings on the iPhone because iTunes just acknowledges the music was added, it doesn't have to be checked by the user.
    04-26-2014 09:57 AM
    New iPhone 5. I synced it with computer and suddenly I find all these albums and songs and artists on my iPhone which I don't want and are not on my comp[uter. Can anyone help me to get rid of these. Thanks.
    On the iPhone:
    Settings>General>Usage>Music

You should be able to remove it there. I've noticed that iTunes does that more frequently than it has in the past
    i7guy likes this.
    04-26-2014 10:00 AM