We are on vacation and my daughter changed the passcode on her iPhone 5c and doesn't remember the new passcode ( more then 4 digits). I checked with apple and the last sync with iTunes was in March. She has taken pictures and been working on homework (typing in notes) and I really don't want to lose all this. Is there a way to unlock her phone and save the data?
    04-23-2014 07:40 AM
    Unfortunately, this passcode isn't able to be bypassed. Though, if she was using iCloud, wouldn't her pictures be synced there? Do either of you have the Apple ID and password? You'll likely need to do a wipe unless she remembers it. If she has find my phone activated, you'll need those credentials.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    04-23-2014 07:47 AM
    She'll need the passcode to unlock the phone. You say the last sync was in March. So she wasn't backing up to iCloud? Good luck.
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-23-2014 07:54 AM
    Synch with icloud- find my iphone-erase then restore backup with your icloud :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-23-2014 08:42 AM
    She changed the passcode to iCloud or to access the phone itself (4 digit numerical code)...?
    04-23-2014 10:27 AM
    Welcome to iMore Joni! Like the others have stated, you really can't get past the passcode. Its a security feature that works very well, seeing as we have a bunch of questions like yours each day. Hopefully, she'll remember it!
    04-23-2014 11:54 AM
    We are on vacation and my daughter changed the passcode on her iPhone 5c and doesn't remember the new passcode ( more then 4 digits). I checked with apple and the last sync with iTunes was in March. She has taken pictures and been working on homework (typing in notes) and I really don't want to lose all this. Is there a way to unlock her phone and save the data?
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys: Can't you change the passcode under find my iPhone on the iCloud website? I'm pretty sure you can set a new one to unlock the phone. Of course, you need the phone to be connected to a cellular network with data or to a wifi network

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    04-24-2014 07:49 PM
    The fact that this person hasn't responded in several days tells me the entire story was BS and they were just trying to access a phone they found or stole. And I mean really, who signs up for a forum and uses their regular name as their screen name with a profile picture that looks like it came out of a high school year book staff section.
    04-25-2014 07:24 AM
    We can contact her and see if that was the case. As it turns out, she has a linkedin profile with the same name and profile picture.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-25-2014 07:48 AM
    We can contact her and see if that was the case. As it turns out, she has a linkedin profile with the same name and profile picture.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Or we could just move on to the next person that asks about resetting passwords and never comes back to discuss it, lol.
    04-25-2014 08:28 AM
    The whole thing is oddly suspicious. On to the next problem!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    04-25-2014 09:14 PM
    Or we could just move on to the next person that asks about resetting passwords and never comes back to discuss it, lol.
    I want a couple of questions about bypassing iCloud Activation Lock so I can practice copying and pasting from my notes a message that says its not gonna happen. I've got it all planned out.
    04-25-2014 09:20 PM