Hi there, i have a 3gs jailbroken by redsn0w on the software 6.1.6. I downgraded the baseband so i could unlock it using ultrasn0w. The phone was working well until the otherday i woke up and it was in recovery mode. I tried to restore it using itunes but it failed the restore several times and gave me error message (40). I then tried the redsn0w recoveryfix but on my device it just says please wait, please wait, please wait over and over, also on the computer it says missing keys!Then i tried to just boot it with the 6.0 restore but it says an error message on redsn0w and it dosnt work. So then i tried to rejailbreak it but yet again it comes up on the device screen please wait, please wait and so on. Nothing i have tried has take the phone off recovery mode. I even contacted apple and there was nothing i could do. This is so frustrating and i really need help fast. Any replies much appriciated!
    04-20-2014 06:47 PM
    Hi there, i have a 3gs jailbroken by redsn0w on the software 6.1.6. I downgraded the baseband so i could unlock it using ultrasn0w. The phone was working well until the otherday i woke up and it was in recovery mode. I tried to restore it using itunes but it failed the restore several times and gave me error message (40). I then tried the redsn0w recoveryfix but on my device it just says please wait, please wait, please wait over and over, also on the computer it says missing keys!Then i tried to just boot it with the 6.0 restore but it says an error message on redsn0w and it dosnt work. So then i tried to rejailbreak it but yet again it comes up on the device screen please wait, please wait and so on. Nothing i have tried has take the phone off recovery mode. I even contacted apple and there was nothing i could do. This is so frustrating and i really need help fast. Any replies much appriciated!
    Allow iTunes to be used in your firewall and temporarily disable your anti virus program. Then restore using iTunes. When you contacted Apple, did you tell them that you had a jailbroken device? Its against their Terms and Conditions so they can't help you.
    04-20-2014 07:26 PM
    I already have allowed it and done that but still get the error message, and no i went on a live chat and just said i had the problem, i didnt tell them that it was jailbroken. Thanks for your reply.
    04-20-2014 07:32 PM
    I already have allowed it and done that but still get the error message, and no i went on a live chat and just said i had the problem, i didnt tell them that it was jailbroken. Thanks for your reply.
    Have you tried using Tiny Umbrella or Recboot to kick it out of recovery mode?
    04-20-2014 08:37 PM
    I have tried tinyumbrella, drphone, ireb, recboot and redns0w to recovery fix it but none have worked
    04-21-2014 01:09 PM