Hi, when I try connecting to face time, I get the "connecting" message and then after some time, "connection failure. Please help.
    04-20-2014 12:25 AM
    Is your internet connection stable?
    04-20-2014 12:35 AM
    Yes, very stable.

Thanks.
    04-20-2014 12:42 AM
    Try resetting network settings. Go to settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Good luck
    04-20-2014 09:57 AM
    We had this issue the other day with a poster the same thing and he switched sim cards to do something and forgot to toggle back on Facetime. Look in your settings and make sure you have Facetime toggled on.
    04-20-2014 10:20 AM
    I am having this issue as well. I never have FaceTime turned on because I never had the need to use it, except for this morning when my son was heading off to Kindergarten. Anyway, last night my wife's cousin (she just bought a 5c) asked why it isn't working. So we tried, connecting........... failure. I then tried 2 different iPhones, same result. This occurred on both WiFi and with AT&T's LTE and 4G cellular connection.

For the record, FaceTime was turned ON on all devices, as well as "Use Cellular Data". I have toggled ON/OFF, rebooted, and reset network connections several times on 3 of the 4 iPhones.

I tried two phones this morning as well, same result.
    08-25-2014 12:00 PM
    To all those who are experiencing problems: Are you connecting to the proper registered connection on their end either phone number or an email address?
    08-25-2014 12:04 PM
    Are you connecting to the proper registered connection on their end either phone number or an email address?
    I checked all their settings, and each person had their number checked, as well as emails listed below.

Last time I did a FaceTime was about a year ago, and all was fine.
    08-25-2014 12:08 PM
    okay,thanks, but this is also an open question to those who are having this problem.
    08-25-2014 12:10 PM
    Also, to all those experiencing problems: Have you tried Facetime while in the same room(s) and network(s)? I know that it defeats the purpose, but this is to make a test situation.
    08-25-2014 12:21 PM
    Also: what versions of iOS is everyone running? There was an issue not long ago where FaceTime stopped working for older versions of iOS 6; if you are on one of those you may need to update.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/24/ios-6-facetime-fix/
    08-25-2014 01:50 PM
    Also, to all those experiencing problems: Have you tried Facetime while in the same room(s) and network(s)? I know that it defeats the purpose, but this is to make a test situation.
    We were all in the same room and on the same WiFi.

One iPhone was on Verizon
    08-25-2014 03:21 PM
    Also: what versions of iOS is everyone running? There was an issue not long ago where FaceTime stopped working for older versions of iOS 6; if you are on one of those you may need to update.

iOS 6 Users on Devices Able to Run iOS 7 Must Upgrade to Fix FaceTime - Mac Rumors
    3 devices are on the latest iOS 7, but my 4s is on iOS 6.1.4.

No matter what device and iOS and network, none worked.
    08-25-2014 03:23 PM
    Go to Settings>FaceTime Toggle off then back on. Then tap your Apple email ID and sign out. Then sign back in. Make sure your phone number is checked.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-25-2014 03:47 PM
    Go to Settings>FaceTime Toggle off then back on. Then tap your Apple email ID and sign out. Then sign back in. Make sure your phone number is checked.

I have done that several times before posting, still no luck.

I tried 4 different iPhones, so I doubt this is a device issue considering all the combinations.
    08-25-2014 05:09 PM
    Does it not work on wifi or Cellular? Have you tried it on another wifi or a different location for Cellular?

08-25-2014 05:34 PM
    Doesn't work on either. I have not tried another wifi network yet. 3 phones are on AT&T and 1 on Verizon. Last night we were all in the same room, but today we all tried again being miles apart. It didn't make a difference.
    08-25-2014 05:39 PM
    I don't remember the details but early in the year there was some kind of security issue with FaceTime that Apple only fixed in iOS 7 and therefore FaceTime doesn't work on any device which could be running iOS 7 but is not.
    So maybe try it without the iOS 6 device on the network?
    08-25-2014 05:45 PM
    I have done that. Only 1 iPhone out of the 4 is running iOS 6.
    08-25-2014 05:49 PM
    Is FaceTime toggled on in Cellular for the phones. Settings>Cellular>scroll down and toggle FaceTime on.

08-25-2014 06:00 PM
    Is FaceTime toggled on in Cellular for the phones. Settings>Cellular>scroll down and toggle FaceTime on.

It is
    08-25-2014 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD