For a while now my Iphone has been charging from my computer, but when I plug it in my computer use to make a sound, now it doesn't and the phone won't connect to itunes, or show that it's connected to the computer. I have tried everything, but it seems no one has actually had the same exact problem i'm having. I know the USB works because the phone WILL CHARGE from the computer but that's it. It's really starting to **** me off because I can't download music or update my phone or anything but charge it. Does anyone who's actual had this EXACT problem know what I should do

P.s my phone is jailbroken and I can't even get rid of that either without connecting to my computer
    04-19-2014 09:58 PM
    Have you rebooted the computer recently? Try that... If you have other USB ports available on the computer, try another port... If you have a Windows computer, you could be having issues with USB drivers... You may need to look into reinstalling Apple's USB drivers for Windows.
    04-19-2014 10:19 PM
    How exactly do you do that, i've been trying forever, and everything ive searched just leads me to some process that doesn't help me at all, I looked at my drivers, and the apple usb driver isn't even there.
    04-20-2014 12:35 AM
    Install iTunes.
    04-20-2014 12:42 AM
    Install iTunes.
    He already has iTunes installed!
    04-20-2014 10:33 AM
    How exactly do you do that, i've been trying forever, and everything ive searched just leads me to some process that doesn't help me at all, I looked at my drivers, and the apple usb driver isn't even there.
    Have you considered getting rid of the JB and reset your phone to stock, update it through iTunes then to 7.1 and just start from new? If you do this place it in DFU mode to do the restore.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-a...e-restore.html
    04-20-2014 10:36 AM
    Trust me I would if could but my phone won't connect to my laptop or any computer but it will charge it doesnt make sense to me
    Have you considered getting rid of the JB and reset your phone to stock, update it through iTunes then to 7.1 and just start from new? If you do this place it in DFU mode to do the restore.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-a...e-restore.html
    04-20-2014 01:42 PM
    He already has iTunes installed!
    Then download iTunes and open the installer. There should be a repair option.
    04-20-2014 01:46 PM
    Trust me I would if could but my phone won't connect to my laptop or any computer but it will charge it doesnt make sense to me
    Have you tried using another computer?
    04-20-2014 01:46 PM
    04-20-2014 02:30 PM
    yeup, same result, will charge, but won't get recognized by the computer. Sometimes it won't even do that, like right now it won't even charge, I'm so confused, it really doesn't make any sense
    04-20-2014 08:44 PM
    Bad cable ... if the problem follows from computer to computer ...
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    04-21-2014 12:32 AM
    yeup, same result, will charge, but won't get recognized by the computer. Sometimes it won't even do that, like right now it won't even charge, I'm so confused, it really doesn't make any sense
    Yeah. Seems like a bad cable. Have you tried another one?
    04-21-2014 12:36 AM
    how can i download music frm my computer
    05-26-2014 02:00 AM
    how can i download music frm my computer
    Good Morning Saiful
    To simply answer your question use
    iTunes. But to get specific help repost your question as a 'new topic' so others will see it
    05-26-2014 10:35 AM
    Make sure your iTunes is up-to-date.
    05-27-2014 09:07 AM
    I had the exact same problem so what i did was i plugged the cable in the back of my computer into the USB port and it worked, try and it'll work for you
    09-15-2014 04:14 PM
    your mobile probably don't trust your computer.

Unplug the device and close iTunes first then do to the following

If you're using iOS 8 or later: To untrust all computers, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. This will also reset your location and privacy settings. You can also untrust all computers by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will also reset your network settings.

Then go to control panel
    Inside the Control Panel,> open Administrative Tools>open Services.> Select Apple Mobile Device and Stop the service> the service has stopped, click Start the service.> the Apple Mobile Device service has started again,

Then open iTunes and connect the device.

Hope it will work now
    08-04-2015 03:53 AM
    I have the same problem but my computer can connect to another iphone 5s and connect to itunes well but when i plug my iphone 5s it won't connect but its charging well... and when i change the charging port i got the same problem!! plzzz Any help
    11-09-2015 05:43 PM
    Use different connector.
    06-02-2016 08:49 AM
    I have done each and every step but there was no result it didn't work after all..
    11-18-2016 10:13 AM
    I have done each and every step but there was no result it didn't work after all..
    Not all USB cables are created equal. Are you sure you have a data cable? Is it the original, OR a cable you bought directly from Apple? Also try using a different USB port, if you are using the front ports, try the back, or vice versa. Also reboot both devices the iPhone and the Computer. Try another computer IF you can.
    11-18-2016 10:42 AM
    Same thing with me, I've done every step but nothing will work. I've been stuck on 1.7.2 for a few years now, it's driving me nuts. I just want to transfer files, and be able to download music again
    05-26-2017 07:53 AM
    I have the same problem.

I'm using an iphone 5s, Windows PC

Phone *used* to ask to allow the PC to talk to the phone, and I could view photos on the PC, but it no longer does this.

The phone *does* charge when connected to the computer, so I would be surprised the cable is the issue.

I have read other replies, on this and other pages, and have:
    - restarted computer
    - restarted phone
    - reset network settings on phone (thanks Nicole Villos for your excellent instructions)
    - stopped and re-started Apple Mobile Service on PC (thanks Nicole Villos for your excellent instructions)
    - updated itunes on phone
    - tried different USB ports on PC
    - tried different USB cable

Still no luck.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

I'm not a techie, so step by step instructions like Start > Control Panel > xxx > yyy will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    08-05-2017 12:39 PM
    Not sure about the experiences of others, but for me none of my Apple devices are recognized in iTunes on my Windows computer unless I use the charging cable that came with the device. Other USB cables will charge the devices just fine.
    08-05-2017 03:15 PM
28 12