Help me find if i got a refurbished iPad Mini W/retina or a original one

I

iMore Question

Hey i have just bought a Brand new iPad Mini W/retina it hasn't even been 1 hour .
When i just looked at Serial number it stars with F i.e; F4LLT********
According to this (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5814398) if serial number starts with F it's a refurbished one,i dont want a refurb i need a brand new i paid a premium for that. PLease help
P.S: My iPad mini w/retina is getting extremely hot for minute usage ,iam worried

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was asked in another post the other day but I might be wrong. I would do as advised and instead of trying to guess, Return it as instructed and buy direct from Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know now, there is no way to discern between a refurb and new through serial numbers or any other information stored on the device itself. The only way you would know is whether you bought it from Apple or a certified dealer (Best Buy or official carrier stores)...other than that, as far as I know, there is no way to do it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know now, there is no way to discern between a refurb and new through serial numbers or any other information stored on the device itself. The only way you would know is whether you bought it from Apple or a certified dealer (Best Buy or official carrier stores)...other than that, as far as I know, there is no way to do it.
Sean Apple refurb store announced on the Blog are now selling Mini Retinas WI-FI 16 GB refurbs for $339.00 as of yesterday.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just return it to Apple and get a new one. And for the battery getting hot, you're probably noticing that now since you feel that your iPad is refurbished.